Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble with the latest release? Let us know.

Trouble with the latest release? Let us know.

Something not working with the Spotify app after a new release? Please give us your feedback!

There are two parts to identifying, solving and forwarding issues.

1. Please follow the below troubleshooting steps to see if you can resolve the issue on your own
  2. If troubleshooting doesn't solve your issue, please use the template below to give us your feedback.

Troubleshooting steps

1. Open Settings and start Application Manager
  2. Look for Spotify and tap it
  3. (FYI, this will remove all downloaded Spotify data from your phone)
    Press "Clear Data"
  4. Uninstall the Spotify app
  5. IMPORTANT: Completely turn off your phone, then turn it back on again
  6. Open up Google's Play Store, locate Spotify and install it again
  7. Start Spotify, log in and have a look if your issue was resolved
    If the issue remains:
  8. Use the search function (top right) to see if anyone has recently reported anything similar to your issue.
  9. If you find that your issue has already been reported, please go to that topic and reply that you are experiencing it as well.
  10. If you did not find a similar topic, continue to step 11
  11. There's a template below; please copy/paste that into a new reply in this thread and add as much info as possible.

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Description

Replace this with a short (max two lines) description of the issue you're experiencing.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I did this

2. Then I did that

3. I also did this

Did you restart your phone at step 5?

Y/N

What I expected to happen

This is what I expected to happen

What actually happened

This is what happened instead.

My phone

Eg. Galaxy Nexus, ICS 4.04, etc.

My provider and country

Eg. AT&T, US; or Telia, Sweden

My username

To find this, click on your name at the top right of the site (next to where it says "Log out") then click Overview and copy/paste the number.

NB: Attach screenshots if possible.

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

Community Ergo Sum
153 Replies

Description

htc wildfire stays in offline mode all the time.  used to work. 

1. cleared cache, 2uninstalled, 3reinstalled, 4created new playlist, 5loged off,6 login, 7switched off phone, 8 changed password, did all the previous again

9. gave it a few days and did the same

10 considering cancelling spotify premium if no result. 

it to work

What actually happened

the phoen will not sync or play any of my playlists and stays offline

My phone:

HTC wildfire,  and it used to work with spotify,  i also have acer iconia a 500 which has never worked on spotify

My provider and country:

3 in UK

My username:

cotswoldcat

Description

HTC Wildfire crashes when opening large playlist

1. updated to new version

2. Clicked on Widget to open Spotify

3. Small playlist worked

4. When opening big playlist it always crashed

5. Retry, go Step 4

Open up playlist

What actually happened

crash

My phone:

HTC Wildfire

My username:

Nicolas Giese

Description
When playing a playlist in background mode, the playback stops after each song, having to manually go to the next one.

1. Create a playlist like always.
2. Begin playing first song, put phone in pocket.
3. Song finishes, and instead of moving on to the next one it just stays there, without playing.
4. Get the phone out of pocket, unlock it, and then I see that the following song in queue is selected, though without playing. All settings are ok, and I have been using Spotify mobile for a long time.

Playlist to play next song in queue.

What actually happened
Finishes current song, moves to the next but doesn't start playing.

My phone:
HTC Desire

My provider and country:
TDC, Denmark

My username:
malesandro

I have also uninstalled and re installed the app several times, following your guidelines.

Description

This issue is described in detail here: 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/New-12-06-2012-release-stops-playing-music-in-5-10-mi...

Spotify plays one song, then stops, a manual restart of the song may sometimes get it to play, but often the sound is gone after 1 song. 

I have installed and reinstalled several times.

I have no "cache-killers" that I am aware of on my device.

Expect Sp. to play songs on a regular basis.

What actually happened

Songs stop playing after 1 song of playing (sometimes 2-3) and sound also cuts out after the song stops.

My phone:

Motorola Droid 2

My provider and country:

Verizon, US

My username:

spotifybirdface

Description

Spotify won't play when multitasking

Have tried to reinstall and use recomended steps

Respond to every command (IE play when I press play). I expect that when I press play on my widget, it will countinue to play music from where it stopped, like Winamp does.

What actually happened

Using widget, I try to press play or next or previous button after pressing pause and using other apps. Nothing happens, and I have to start up the entire app again to make it respond.

My phone:

Samsung Galaxy S

My provider and country:

Network Norway, Norway

My username:

kingofsorrow

Description
When playing a playlist or selecting an album, the playback stops after each song, then remedied by skipping forward and back.

1. Slect a song or playlist

2. Play song

3. Song finishes, and instead of moving on to the next one it just stays there, without playing, while time runs on the song but no music comes out
4. Skip forward, skip back, listen to the track. 

What actually happened
Finishes current song, moves to the next but doesn't play

My phone:
HTC EVO3D
My provider and country:
Sprint, USA
My username:
n/a 

Description

Spotify crashes directly when i start it.

It just crashes when I start it, every time 😕

Yes

Get what I am paying for

What actually happened

Got nothing of what Im paying for

My phone

Samsung Galaxy s2

My provider and country

Telia, Sweden

My username

rugbyaddict

Description
When playing a playlist in background mode or even with app in foreground, the playback stops after each song, having to manually go to the next one.

1. Create a playlist like always.
2. Begin playing first song
3. Song finishes,next song does not play
4. unlock it, and then I see that the following song in queue is selected, though without playing. Have to skip to next track and back to have app play song.  This started after the most recent iteration with friends (both in beta and regular release)

What actually happened
Finishes current song, moves to the next but doesn't start playing.

My phone:
HTC G2 (stock, non-rooted)

My provider and country:
TMobile, US

My username:
cricketcorpse

For some reason with this update, my Galaxy Nexus can't scrobble to Last.FM. My account name and password are all correct; however, I keep getting this message "Wrong username or password". I've changed my Last.Fm password trying to figure out if there was an issue and it doesn't matter. My Spotify app won't scrobble and everything keyed in is correct. 😞

UPDATE: Solution fixed by chaning my keyboard settings from SwiftyKey to Android because SwiftyKey was inserting a space after the username causing Last.FM to either not accept it or whatever. Weird fix, but was able to work it out.

Description

Since the release of the new Spotify client I've seen the data usuage of the app sky rocket. A 30 min listen while walking to work seems to use up 3+ MB. This is without streaming any content, all pre downloaded. I do have Last.Fm Scrobbling enabled, but this was also running on the last version. 3MB isn't a lot to use but when you consider that some people are capped at 500MB use per month then it becomes significant use. With my current cap I'd only be able to listen to Spotify for 5 hours or so.

1. I leave house and disconnect from WIFI

2. Have Last.Fm Scrobbling on

3. Listen to downloaded playlist

3. Notice that 30 min listen generates about 3MB of data usage

300k of data usuage to have occured, not 3MB.

What actually happened

Not sure as not had a chance to run wireshark to see what all the data usage is. Will try without Scrobbling enabled.

My phone

Samsumg Galaxy S2

My provider and country

O2

My username

carlosroman101

Description

I can't hear anything when spotify plays the tracks, even though it looks as if it's working.

1. I updated spotify

2. Then I went to play it

3. I couldn't hear anything

yes

to be able to hear the music

What actually happened

same as before, I can't hear it

My phone

. HTC Explorer

My provider and country

Eg. Vodafone Spain

My username

loodygaga.

NB: Attach screenshots if possible.

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

Sorry if I'm a bit off topic here, but this latest update renders the app pretty much useless for me. 😞

I am unfortunately visually impaired, and the new "skin" I got after the latest update removed the old look which had big buttons and better contrast (dark background)

Is there some way to go back to this version? Or add skins to make my life easier again?

(and before you forum trolls start raging, I'm typing this on a PC with magnifying software, otherwise it would be impossible)

Using a HTC Desire Z

I'm experiencing this as well. Goes offline all the time at random.

Sounds like my issue... Does it get wiped because it goes offline maybe?

It's really annoying because it looks as if it's working but you can't hear anything!!  Please help someone!!

I have an EVO HTC phone and the newest Spotify app is a mess.  When I updated, I lost all of my downloaded playlist I use to play offline.  I've tried to download playlist several times but they disappear.  Is there a limit to number of tracks you can have on download for phone????????  The app is constantly crashing whether I'm online or offline.  This app should be updated at least once a week unti you get something stable.  Come on guys.

Description

Phone freezes up after starting Spotify up and can't download playlist

1. start up spotify 

2. Start playing song

3. Phone freezes

Y

To get my $10 worth every month

What actually happened

I'm about to go crazy! I'm sick of having to pull my battery out of my phone every time I start spotify

My phone

Motorolla Droid X Android 2.3.4

My provider and country

Verizon US

My username

ProjectTURO

Description

The app seems to go onlineand offline at will and/or songs stop playing after the first 3 - 5 minutes and the playque is emptied. After going back to the playlist and start it again it somtimes continues and somtimes the event rehappens. Even the downloaded songs and even if the app is set to offline mode. Playing a playlist in streammode makes it more worse. Also get a crash notification occasionaly when exiting the app with the back button (not playing)

1. Did the troubleshoot procedure

2. Reinstalled the app from Play Store

3. Tried it offline, online, downloaded playlist, streaming, 3g, wifi, with power cord, and battery, screen off, screen continuly on,  but it does always the same (or worse)

AND

1. Open Spotify app

2. Opened a playlist.

3. Select a song to start playing

4. After 3-4- minutes song stops and play-que is gone

5. Push the back button to the playlist.

6. Tap a song again to start

7. Plays till the end or repeating at point 4.

And occasionaly:

8. Stop the music.

9. Press the backbutton till im in my phone root menu

10. App crashes. (Error reports are sended!)

That the app works properly like the old one did (and I don't  ment the preview version).

What actually happened

Just as I described under the description / detailed desciption

My phone:

HTC Sensation with the ICS update (4.0.3)

My provider and country:

Vodafone, the Netherlands

Username:

CrazyEddieNL

PS. More info and confirmations from me and other people in this thread.

EDIT 06-07-2012: This week was dramatic with the new app, lots of stopping, going offline, crashes and even blancscreens. Yesterday i decided to downgrade to the old app (0.4.12.180.xxx, see topic: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/How-can-I-downgrade/td-p/81677 ) and i finaly could use spotify on my phone for listening to music without any disturbance. I defenly think the new (0.5.xx) app is the problem, not the service!

Description

Songs in my playlists that are stored on my computer and are not in Spotify's catalogue are not being downloaded to my phone. They are grayed out and unplayable in any mode even though they show up and play fine when I play the list on the computer.

1.) Followed the troubleshooting steps - cleared the data, uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, downloaded the playlists

2.) Checked the playlists and discovered that the local file songs that are included in some of them were grayed out and unplayable - even in streaming mode

Yes

I expected the entire playlist, not just some of it, to download and be playable - both in streaming and offline modes.

What actually happened

Songs from Spotify's catalogue downloaded are playable, but songs that are found only on my computer are not.

My phone

HTC Thunderbolt

My provider and country

provider: Verizon

My username

Suggested posts