Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Troubleshooting connection issues

Troubleshooting connection issues

DId I read this right? The instructions for connecting an Android Device to a desktop computer indicate that both have to be connected wirelessly. Is this the case? My desktop is connected to a wireless router by cable. The Android phone is commnected to the router wirelessly. I take it this won't work?

Is there a workaround? Basically, all I want to do is use the phone as a bridge to a bluetooth speaker set. I want ot be able to pull music off my desktop and send it to the BlueTooth speakers via the Android  phone. Can this be done as described above? If not, is there another way to do it? Is there another service that would allow this?

I might at some point buy music from Spotify but right now I'm interested primarily in listening to the music I already own.

Thanks.

2 Replies

Both devices have to be connected to the same network so a wired PC/wireless mobile should work, I think. Does your mobile device not show up under Devices in the desktop client?

EDIT

Actually, wouldn't it be simpler to run a DLNA server on your PC and one of the free DLNA clients on the android? Then you can browse and play any music on the PC from the android.

I don't know what a DLNA server is but I will look into it. In terms of your other suggestion, the mobile device does NOT show up as part of my network. My bad. It uses the same network but does not show up as a device. This is a Windows problem I have been struggling with. Thanks for showing me where to start troubleshooting.

Eric

Suggested posts