Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two days ago, music stopped

Two days ago, music stopped

It seems the worst on one playlist.  Shuffle will 90% of the time not work.  Maybe I can play one song at a time, most often nothing.  Sometime a song will play for 10 seconds, then stop.

Sometimes the green bars are moving as if the song is playing, but no sound.  Sometimes the bars are not moving, of course no sound.

All of the music on the app is downloaded.

I have updated the app.  I have re-booted the phone.  I have logged out and logged back in.

3 Replies

OK, I found the solution.

Internal storage was overloaded, somehow Spotify or Android "made room" by corrupting the downloaded song files.

I deleted a bunch of trash from the phone, deleted the downloaded songs, then re-downloaded.

Unless I come back on here tomorrow, you can assume it's fixed.

Hey @bhtlaw,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We're glad to know that everything is working good by now. However, as you mentioned this was probably caused by the internal storage, it's possible that some corrupted files are still stored on your phone as cache. We'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app as well. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might cause troubles in the future.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Damn, Oscar, you nailed it.

I still had issues, did exactly what you said with the clean reinstall, and I'm all good.

Cheers!

Suggested posts