Reply

Unable to Download Local Files

Smaktat
Casual Listener

Hi all.  I have a premium account and I used to be able to download songs I had locally on my PC as a playlist, but the playlist now gets stuck at 0% "Waiting to Download."  The files are definitely there, the playlist is enabled as Available Offline, I am on the same Wi-Fi (5ghz on both laptop and phone), I have reinstalled the app and made sure there is adequate space on my phone to download songs to.

 

I used to be able to do this before with my Galaxy SII Skyrocket on my previous Wi-Fi network.  Since then, I've changed computers, Wi-Fi networks and upgraded my phone to an Android GS4 (current OS is 4.3).  I do have UPNP enabled on my router and there are no firewall restrictions or anti-virus which could be preventing.  I also changed my OS on my new computer from Windows 7 to Windows 8.  The last time I remember it being able to download songs was on all of my older devices.

 

It should also be of note that the phone is NOT showing under devices on my laptop.

 

Sorry if this is a common topic, I'd just really like to be able to use my files on my computer as a playlist.  They are remixes, mashups, etc.  Just things that Spotify does not have I'd like to be able to take with me.

 

Thanks for reading.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Smaktat
Casual Listener

Sorry to waste anyone's time.  Turns out Windows 8 is still fighting with me for administrator privelages on some of my programs.  After I ran the program on my laptop as admin, the device showed up again.  Hopefully this was the sole fix.  I had also reinstalled the app on my phone, so I suppose it is also possible that it was a combination of the two.  Hopefully this helps anyone looking for a similar solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Solution!

Smaktat
Casual Listener

Sorry to waste anyone's time.  Turns out Windows 8 is still fighting with me for administrator privelages on some of my programs.  After I ran the program on my laptop as admin, the device showed up again.  Hopefully this was the sole fix.  I had also reinstalled the app on my phone, so I suppose it is also possible that it was a combination of the two.  Hopefully this helps anyone looking for a similar solution.

SUGGESTED POSTS