Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to play certain podcast (fest und flauschig)

Unable to play certain podcast (fest und flauschig)

Plan: Premium

Device: Fairphone 4

Operating System: Android 11 (by iodéOS)

Hi folks,

I've been searching for some time now in the forum, but could not find anything that is exactly like my problem. Everything works fine in the spotify app on my phone exept for one podcast (fest und flauschig). This affects not only some episodes, but all of them. They just do not start and stay at 0:00. It does not matter if I download them or not. It also does not matter if I use WiFi or mobile data. All other podcasts work just fine. Listening to music - no problem.

I uninstalled the app, deleted data and cache, even removed the battery before I installed anew. I have this problem only on my phone. I can still hear the podcast on my laptop. I have logged in on my phone with another account - also didn't work. I'm using the Spotify-Updater from F-Droid. So what to do now?

Any help appreciated.

12 Replies

Hey there @Protosom,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know the current Spotify app version on your phone and whether the podcast plays if it's downloaded for offline listening and you switch on Offline Mode. There have been some issues with the Fest & Flauschig podcast previously, but those often get resolved in a couple of days.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Alex,

the Spotify version 8.7.28.1217.

The episodes can not be downloaded. It just shows "downloading" but it stays at 0%.

Hi @Protosom,

Thank you for your reply. Let's take a closer look into this.

There was actually an ongoing issue about this here. However this should be fixed now.

Can you let us know if you still experiencing this?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi guys.

First I thought I overlooked the "Ongoing issue", but it looks like I've been just ahead of my time 😀

Alas I gotta say it's not working for me. The episodes can't neither be played nor downloaded. Thanks for you reply anyway.

Hi again @Protosom,

Thank you for getting back in touch and for your confirmation. We're here to help!

Can you start with performing a clean reinstall of the app as this will make sure there's no old cache files causing this?

If that doesn't the trick and you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to help you out if you need us to.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Okay, I did it all. Cleared the cache, deleted data, uninstalled the app, switched off the phone, removed SD, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app (8.7.28.1217). Now the phone has Android 12.

Still the podcast can't be played and can't be downloaded.

Am I really the only one with this problem?

Edit: I just realized my system is blocking a number oft requests made by the application. Maybe that's the problem?

Screenshot_20220605-155038_iodé.png

Hey @Protosom,

Thanks for the reply.

We advise you to download the latest version of the Spotify app from the Google Play store and check if you're still experiencing this issue. If you're using older versions, we cannot guarantee, that the app will run smoothly.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I thought I had the current version. Now I have 8.7.36.905. Is this the current one? Where can I see what the current version is, anyway? I won't download anything from goolag-store. I don't have an account anymore and I'd like it to stay that way.

Hi there @Protosom

Thanks for your reply. 

We can confirm that's the current version of the app. However, we're afraid we can't guarantee a proper functionality of the app if it's downloaded from an unofficial source, and that might be the reason why your phone's system is blocking some of the app's requests. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

So here we are again...

I feared you'd say that, but meanwhile I am quite certain that this has nothing to do with unofficial sources. I think you know exactly what the problem is/was the moment I sent you the screenshot. So I had a "deeper look into this" myself and it's obviously the "traffic.megaphone.fm" domain that is causing the issue. As long as it is blacklisted "Fest und flauschig" cannot be played, period.

So why is it blacklisted on my phone in the first place? Hmm, everybody feel free to do a little research for him/herself. I don't know. Maybe I just have to go without "Fest und Flauschig" in the future, which is a real pity. Thanks for the help anyway 😉

Hey there @Protosom,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop here.

Keep in mind that we can only provide support for the official Spotify installations, that are available from the Google Play or Apple App Store. Also we're not supporting any rooted / jailbroken Android or iOS releases. Such forms of installations aren't secure and can cause various unexpected behaviors.

Hope this helps clarify things. Take care!

Kiril Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue. When using my business iPhone I think megaphone is blocked as well. So the bug fix is not working. The podcast won’t play…

Suggested posts