Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unfortunately Spotify has stopped working

Solved!

Unfortunately Spotify has stopped working

That is the error message I get over and over. I'm a premium user and I've only been able to use the mobile app less than a single day in the past week. That's a big problem for me. Uninstall and reinstall aren't working either. Please help. Getting frustrated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Try playing spotify without the SD card in it. If it works, then you had a corruption in your SD card. Format the card on a PC, and then try it again. 🙂
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

When I cancelled my premium account, I emailed Spotify and they came back with this advice:

It might be worth checking your SD card for errors, as this might causing problems with Spotify.
Instructions for this can be found at http://www.ehow.com/how_6857598_check-sd-card-errors.html

Otherwise, if there is an error with Spotify reading the content on your SD-card, please try the following:
1. Format your SD-card.
2. Unmount and remove the SD-card from your device.
3. Open Spotify in your device
4. Go to More » Settings and select "Clear saved data"
5. Close Spotify and uninstall it from your device: Go to Settings » Application » Manage applications. Choose Spotify and press Uninstall
6. Put back your card in your device.
7. Install Spotify from m.spotify.com

I haven't tried it yet, but will let you know when I do whether it works or not.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Did you give your device a hard reboot after uninstalling and before you reinstalled?
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

I'm also getting this message. Uninstalled, restarted, did a factory reset, reinstalled. Nothing works. Cancelling premium now. If you find a fix, I'd love to hear it.

I did a factory reset 6 days ago for reasons unrelated to spotify. Since then Spotify won't load at all. It just says the message in the title of this thread. I've followed the standard instructions.. Clear data, clear cache, uninstall. Delete the Spotify. Com folder on my device.. Turn off, remove battery, reinstall. After all those steps still didn't work.
I've cancelled subscription too. Hoping it might work again down the track.
Marked as solution

Hey! Try playing spotify without the SD card in it. If it works, then you had a corruption in your SD card. Format the card on a PC, and then try it again. 🙂

Marked as solution

When I cancelled my premium account, I emailed Spotify and they came back with this advice:

It might be worth checking your SD card for errors, as this might causing problems with Spotify.
Instructions for this can be found at http://www.ehow.com/how_6857598_check-sd-card-errors.html

Otherwise, if there is an error with Spotify reading the content on your SD-card, please try the following:
1. Format your SD-card.
2. Unmount and remove the SD-card from your device.
3. Open Spotify in your device
4. Go to More » Settings and select "Clear saved data"
5. Close Spotify and uninstall it from your device: Go to Settings » Application » Manage applications. Choose Spotify and press Uninstall
6. Put back your card in your device.
7. Install Spotify from m.spotify.com

I haven't tried it yet, but will let you know when I do whether it works or not.

Yeah I saw that but. It seems to have righted itself. And I would have been
very angry if I'd wiped my SD card for that. It is DEFINITELY an app
problem and that's how it should be handled before telling someone to go
through that

Obviously you would be making a backup copy of anything important first... I didn't mean throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 🙂

I don't have the means of doing that. That would be the issue. But all
seems to be working.

Suggested posts