Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unplayable hidden songs (can't unhide them)

Solved!

Unplayable hidden songs (can't unhide them)

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Accidentally hid a song in Liked Songs and now I can't listen it it, while I can't even change it back.  (Version 8.5.57.1164)

Screenshot_20200519-161424.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Lil_Skelly,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you tried the proposed workaround to log in on a different device with your account, find the song and double tap the heart button (like/unlike)?

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Hey there @ronsp!

Thanks for reaching out about this on our Community!

You can start off by taking a look at this page to see how you can un-hide a song.

If you have trouble with that we'd recommend logging out > restring your device > logging back in.

It would also help our investigation if you let us know if the song is not appearing on other devices as well.

Keep us posted on how it goes and don't hesitate to get back to us.

ElenaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Elena,
Thank you for you reply, the problem was present only in my phone.
Logging out and in didn't solve it, but I've deleted my app data and that did the trick, had to redownload some the songs.

By the way, if you could add a refresh/recheck liked song-library option (like when you have all the songs on the storage but the app won't recognize it and start redownloading some of them) that would be great.

I am having the same issue where I accidentally hid a song on my phone and now I cannot unhide it. I tried logging out and it didn't work. I checked spotify on my laptop and the song shows no sign of being hidden yet it still does not allow me to play it.

Hey @nadiaaac,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

In this case, could you search the song directly on the app? Once you see the search results, tap on the 3 dots next to the song and select "Unhide". Also, you can tap on the song and from the album tap on the 3 dots in order to show again (unhide) the desired song. 

Let us know how it goes from your end. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I am having the same problem but when I look up the song, it says “Allow to play this song” and to the left it has a red circle with the dash through it like the Ghostbusters logo. When I click on it it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Hi there @NashDeFlash,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Just to confirm, did you follow the exact steps that's been provided in this thread, including this article?

If the issue persists, can you please provide us a screenshot or a screen recording of how it looks like when you're trying to unhide a song.

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you're having.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

i am having the same problem! i accidentally hid a song and it does nothing when i click to unhide it, i tried everything suggested above (clearing app data, showing hidden songs, etc) and nothing has worked. 

I am also having the same issue, if someone could help me it would be much appreciated. This is a attachment of what it looks like on my end.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting.

Would it be possible to use a different device and add the hidden song to your Liked Songs and remove it from there, i.e. double tap the heart button?

Did this bring any change?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

It did work! Thank you so much!

So the trick that worked for me is clicking the 3 dots next to the song and then heart the song and it came back for me. 

It worked for me too.

I am having the same issue where I accidentally hid a song on my phone and now I cannot unhide it. I tried logging out and it didn't work. I uninstalled the app and did the same thing and the song shows no sign of being hidden yet it still does not allow me to play it.

Marked as solution

Hey @Lil_Skelly,

Have you tried the proposed workaround to log in on a different device with your account, find the song and double tap the heart button (like/unlike)?

Cheers!

DianModerator

I’m having the same issue, I deleted the app, and I looked it up and it wont let my play it, it’s really annoying, I’ll press the “allow play this song” and it just goes back to the normal screen and nothing changes 😞

Hey @Fruity687,

You can login with your account on a different device, find the song you've previously hidden and click the heart button next to it, then click the heart button again.

Afterwards you can login back to the original device you were trying to unhide the song on and try to unhide it again.

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hello, is there anything else I could try? I have the same problem and the proposed solution didn't work for me 

Hey @Cosmorog,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

If the previous process didn't work, it could be related to some damaged cache stored on your device that is affecting the proper behavior of the app. In this case, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

After the reinstall, follow the process previously mentioned by @Dian and it should have no issues.

However, if the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running. This will give us a better look at it.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Maybe try liking the song worked for me

Suggested posts