Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Uploaded Music Play on Android device

Uploaded Music Play on Android device

None of the below information

How can I play or download music uploaded from the PC into Spotify on an Android device?

I can not play the songs on my Android device.

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Welcome to the community! 

Are these your own local files you're trying to play on Spotify? If so, you can check out the steps here.

If not, could you give us a little bit more detail about what's happening when trying to play on your device?

/T

yes they are downloaded but the internal memory is full. is it also possible to load the local files to an external SD card?

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for your question 🙂

When you add a local file to your Spotify, it doesn't store a physical copy of the file, it merely indexes it. If you want a more thorough explanation, check out this post from one of our Community Legends. 

The important thing to understand is that local files shouldn't take up any space on your Android device.

We hope that makes it clearer. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out!

Take care,

P

It would be nice if the songs did not consume memory, but the error message on my tablet tells me otherwise.

20180913_114754.jpg

Photo2

20180913_114806.jpg

Hey @user-removed,

Having almost reached the limit of storage capacity might cause trouble with the Spotify app, or any apps in general. Have you tried clearing up a bit, and then reinstalling the app? We suggest you do so just to be sure. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts