Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using mobile data even when device mobile data off when streaming via bluetooth

Using mobile data even when device mobile data off when streaming via bluetooth

I cannot describe how pissed I am.

So basically during the last weekend I went on a trip and used my downloaded spotify playslits to stream to my car. I kept getting AT&T SMS messages saying I was approaching my limits, at a crazy speed. I stopped using my google when I hit 65% of 2gb(I never had gotten past 1gb).  Then an hour later I get another AT&T message saying I reached 90%, I was like WTF!, that facebook/twitter must be consuming a lot of internet. We turn off mobile data on my device to be safe(Galaxy S5). Then yet 20mins later I get another SMS from ATT saying They added 1gb of data to my plan because I exceeded the limit....

Today With all data turned off (mobile and wifi) I decided to stream to my car again and yes, instantly I saw how I used 200mb of data just from a  10min travel time to the super market(confirmed thru my att website).

So... basically I´m done using this app... IDK if it is a bug with android or the Galaxy S5, spotify or all of them...whichever is the case im done. Which is really sad because I love spotify, please fix this.

5 Replies

I am not sure, but it sounds like you might be experiencing this bug. Does that bug describe your experience with what is happening? If so, you might want to post in that thread using the template provided in that post. That will help Spotify fix the bug and help you stop from being charged for extra data usage in the future.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Classical Musicians Unite!

This is different, this happens when offline not activated but mobile data deactivated on device.

If mobile data is deactivated at the operating system level, it shouldn't be possible for any app to use any data at all. Something weird is going on. If you look at the data usage in your device settings, does it show it is all coming from Spotify?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, I forgot to mention that. Data usage doesn't go up when this happens, but at&t still saying im using it up.

I would take your device to AT&T, sounds like either an issue with the device or their reporting mechanisms rather than being directly related to Spotify.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts