Premium

Country

Ukraine

Device

Motorola Z2 Force

Operating System

Android 9 stock

My Question or Issue

After some time (3-20 min) lost cast volume control when casting to Chromecast Audio.

Volume control working only when app active, and not working in background anymore.

Fix this issue only when forced stop and launch app, but helping not for very much time.

• Other apps like Youtube Music, different Chromecast radio apps work perfectly.
Screenshot_20201118-140614.png
Screenshot_20201118-140647.png
24 Replies

Hey @slamhound,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the extra info.

We're currently looking into this and invite you to add your +Vote to this Ongoing Issue thread. You can also Subscribe to it to be on top of any new updates we share about it, as they'll be shared there.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Take care.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the same issues with Spotify losing the ability to control the Chromecast volume after a while on my Samsung Note 10 plus

This is still a problem after all this time. To adjust volume on content playing using Chromecast (Audio) I have to open the Spotify App and then use the volume buttons. It then works for a little while and then breaks again. I also don't get a "Shared controls" notification.

Hi @slamhound,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Can you try to switch playback devices back and forth and see if the issue persists?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you restart the Chromecast device and see if it makes any difference?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Just a quick FYI - volume control for casting is completely broken in Android 12 (not to any fault of Spotify).
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/201546605

Suggested posts