I have a samsung galaxy S2 and recently started using spotify. I set up the offline sync to the directory /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/media/spotify. After syncing up a few playlists, I can indeed listen to them offline using Spotify.
However, I would like to find these song files if possible or at least have the media scanner on Android find them so I can use a different player to listen to these songs from the offline playlists. Inside the SD drive, I can find the spotify folder with directories /android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/ and then /cache and /files. However exploring further, I cannot find any audio files.
Where are they hiding them? Thanks for your help on this difficult question.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Generally ou can only use Spotify to play offline music synced from Spotify.
The files are Ogg Vorbis format but encrtyped by Spotify, so no other media scanner will recognize them as music files.
So even if I get a media player on my phone that can play ogg files, it still won't be able to detect the song files from spotify because theyre hidden? So there is basically no way to get these song files. This makes it kind of annoying because it means I have to switch between media players because spotify's local library usability is frankly **bleep**.
Is it possible to find the song files on my computer if I have those same playlists synced so they can be played offline on the computer? It'll be a hassle to transfer to my phone but at least ill have them.
Thanks, your the best lol.
That doesn't seem to be the case for me. Redownloading the playlist ends up eating up more and more space and takes quite a while rather than restoring the links.
Ok so how about this then.. they were a few songs I could not find on spotify. I downloaded them on my an app on my other phone and bluetoothed them over. Is there a folder directory I can place them in to get them to show up on my spotify playlist?
1. Download those songs on your computer and save as local files.
2. Open Spotify on your computer, on the left column, under 'Your Music', click 'Local Files'. It will show all your mp3s you had saved inside your computer.
3. Right-click the song that you want and choose 'Add to Playlist'.
4. Open Spotify on your phone, make sure your phone is connected to the same WIFI network as your computer.
5. On your phone, open the playlist you chose just now and click 'Available Offline' to download the songs into your phone.