Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where has the "Go to radio" option been moved to?

Solved!

Where has the "Go to radio" option been moved to?

Hi everyone!

I am just back to Spotify after two years and the main reason I have come back to it is the option to create a radio playlist based on a song or an artist.

But no matter how hard I look I just can't find this option. Has it been moved to Premium users only (which would be ok for me, because I am thinking about getting a premium account anyway)?

Thx for any help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @luststrolchDe

I just checked this with someone and the new Radio experience is now available only to Premium users: any previously saved Radio playlists can be found in the Radio card under Search, however, to start a song/artist/playlist radio from the 3-dot context menu, you have to be on Premium.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi luststrolchDe,

Thanks for posting on the community!

You can play a radio based on an artist, album, playlist, or song.

you only have to click on the 3 dots right to the song/playlist/album, or at the top at an artist home screen.

I hope this helped you

Nielrio

Hi Gig Goer,

tahnk you for your answer but my problem is the "3 dots" show a lot of options like "add to playlist", "show artist", "show album", "Share", "Sleeptimer", "Song information" ... but the radio option isn't there for me. And I tried a lot of different songs, artists and albums. It is never there.

The desktop app on the other hand has the radio option and I can use it.

So again: Is this option on an android phone only availabe for premium users or is this option not included anymore on android phones.

Ohh and yes I have the newest version of the app.

Hi @luststrolchDe

Welcome back!

If you wan to learn more on how this feature works now, I'd recommend checking this support article. 

Hi Emilia_8,

I already did read this page but my app is not working as discriped in this article.

@luststrolchDe Okay, thank you for checking that.

Could you try performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app? It's different than regular reinstall.

Just make sure to follow the steps provided here

Well, I reinstalled it and there is still no option for radio based on songs, albums or playlists.

Could this be a problem of the german language the app is running?

***Update***

I changed the language of my phone to english and it didn't change anything.

Marked as solution

Hi @luststrolchDe

I just checked this with someone and the new Radio experience is now available only to Premium users: any previously saved Radio playlists can be found in the Radio card under Search, however, to start a song/artist/playlist radio from the 3-dot context menu, you have to be on Premium.

Thx Emilia_8,

I did a 3 month free tryout and it works. So I will stay Premium because the radio feature is worth it for me.

Thank you all and have a nice weekend!

Hi @luststrolchDe

I'm glad everything worked out for you. 

Enjoy your Spotify Premium! 

Suggested posts