Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Widget grays out

Widget grays out

Hello,

The widget on my s7 grays out after a couple minutes. I do not have any battery saving options enabled. I have also gone and turned off "save power" on after 3 days on Spotify. Nothing seems to work. After a couple minutes it looks like the screenshot
Screenshot_20160620-102128.png
8 Replies

I tried to figure out what the **bleep** is the widget's problem and I arrived at the conclusion that it's a separate app. Spotify continues playing music, but widget grays out. Also on restart you have to open Spotify app, clicking on the widget doesn't work.

If only Apple Music would get its shiz together...

I've never seen or had this issue before, so I may not provide the best steps however, I can recommend you try the following:

Yes, the usual solutions to all problems. Thank you. I lost count of how many times I've done that...

Me too

Screenshot_20160620-204138.png

Did all this and deleted cache. Issue is still persistent.

If you're still experiencing issues, here's a link that might help you: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/COMPLETE-GUIDE-How-to-fix-most-Android-issues/td-p/914...

Did not work.

I went through those fixes so many times I lost count, including clean install of Android (and Spotify), uninstalling, reinstalling, cleaning caches, redownloading all my music five times, etc. Nothing can change the fact that it's just a terrible piece of software and it's been this way for as long as I can remember.

Suggested posts