Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't let me log in

Solved!

Won't let me log in

What do I do when it won't let me log into the app? It keeps saying username password wrong and then I changed the password just incase but still can't get in. I am driven demented!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@queaky wrote:
What do I do when it won't let me log into the app? It keeps saying username password wrong and then I changed the password just incase but still can't get in. I am driven demented!

Hi!

Have you been able to log on to the account on that devcie preciously?

Do you have any other device you can try to logon to as well, like a friends phone etc?

Also, try to logon with your username, not you email address, if you haven't already tried that. 

View solution in original post

46 Replies
Marked as solution

@queaky wrote:

Hi!

Have you been able to log on to the account on that devcie preciously?

Do you have any other device you can try to logon to as well, like a friends phone etc?

Also, try to logon with your username, not you email address, if you haven't already tried that. 

Thanks for replying. I can get into it on my phone over the Internet but not when I press the app button, it won't let me in with my user name or email

Hey @queaky

Some Android keyboards add an extra space at the end when typing.

Make sure there is no extra spaces at the end in the username or password fields. There have been Android users in the past who have had the same problem.

Also, check out this help guide:

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/Problems-logging-in-to-Spotify

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Still nothing 😕I have tried a few times being very careful when I enter it. I have also deleted and downloaded the app and still nothing. Thanks for the help  though 

same **bleep** for me, spotify do you care to help? i can log into the web but not on any devices.  Reset the password and still same thing.

using the username worked, so its some issue with resolving the email address to peoples actual username during the verification.  I logged out and tried to log back in using the email address as the username and still same delio.  Guess get used to using the username gents.

I also tried with username and worked. I have tried 3 days and only now it worked. It couls be a bug?

I got a new phone n when I try to login it says you've already created an account with this email address... and I'm just trying to log in not sign up

Same problem for me. Any luck figuring it out?

I wasn't able to log in with my email but I tried with my username and it worked thx !!!

Yea it was username for me as well haha 😛 what confused me is my username is just my email but not the @hotmail.com part.... if that makes sense..

Hahaha wow I've been going crazy over this for awhile and I just did what you said, took off the ending for the email and it worked right away. So happy now

I didn't have a username? So I can't log into the app anyway. >_<

I had the same problem (including resetting the password to no avail), and apparently my "user name" also was just my email minus the "@____."  So user name works, while full email address does not.  Strange, but I'm glad there's a way to log in.

Can't believe I'm paying money for an app with such a stupid bug in it, Spotify what gives !?! Yeah, if you don't know your username just cut off the @email.com bit, worked for me.... after an hour of frustration and a serious debate about canceling spotify.

Same

Someone help! I cant log into the app even with just typing my username, email minus the @gmail.com and logging in with facebook!!!

@VNESS you logged in here so things are looking good. Go here and make a note of the username shown then exit the page. Now use the username to log in on your android. NOTE - If the username is a 12 digit number, you need to use the log in with facebook option.

If you still have problems, please let me know whether you tried to log in with a username or with facebook and what error message came up.

I don't understand. Spotify lets me log in everywhere  EXCEPT desktop, especially when I'm trying to add an offline file. I've reset the assword, and it still doesn't let me  in. HELP.

Capture.PNG

Suggested posts