Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wont play music

Wont play music

Hello, I am trying to play music for the past few days but it won’t work. I am not a premium member. I am clearly connected to the internet but nothing would play. I am smashing the shuffle button. My internet is working. Please help me, for I have uninstalled and redownloading this app many, many times. 

11 Replies

Hi there @MUSTACHEMONSTER

Welcome to the Community!

Make sure you don't have shuffle enabled in 'Now Playing'. Open the now playing bar at the bottom when you are listening to a track and check the shuffle icon on the left isn't green.

Problem solved? Please "Accept as solution"

@Astame

The bar at the bottom would not even appear. When I tap on the shuffle button or any song in a playlist, a pop-up just reads something like “You have found a Premium Feature.” I am connected to the internet. And I’ve played this playlist many times before without premium.

@MUSTACHEMONSTER

Choose an individual song is not possible using Spotify free. You should be able to use Shuffle mode though. 

@Astame

However, I am unable to use shuffle mode.

The pop-up still appears.

@MUSTACHEMONSTER

Try to turn on the locations for the Spotify application on your phone IF you haven't Done that.

@Astame

And um... How do I do that?

I am on an android tablet by the way.

@MUSTACHEMONSTER

To see what apps are now accessing, or have recently accessed, your location on your device:

Open your device's Settings app Settings.
Tap Location.

@Astame

I have no locations option in my settings...

@MUSTACHEMONSTER

Try to contact the Spotify support by using the link below:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you.

Support usually takes 24-48 hours to reply.

Problem solved? Please "Accept as solution"

The same thing has happened to me but when i hit shuffle it plays different songs that is not in any of my playlists

That's a "feature" of spotify free on mobile phones. The only way to avoid hearing suggested songs is to take out a premium subscription or listen on a PC or tablet.

Suggested posts