Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

bluetooth auto play doesnt work in car :/

Solved!

bluetooth auto play doesnt work in car :/

hi

i find that the Spotify apps doesnt like to auto play much - sometimes it might but mainly not

poweramp works ok

i use the app in offline mode when in car - maybe it relates to this? ie app is trying to go online

thanks

dan

using htc m8 4.4.2 and vw car rns510 stereo

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I am using trigger app to launch spotify as soon as my phone (lg g2 5.0.2 custom rom) connects to specified (vw golf 7) bluetooth device.
Before the latest update of spotify it was autoplaying the spotify last played song. And i was not even getting my phone out of my pocket. But after the last update, it launches the spotify app but not start to play.
I think something forgotten in the latest version of the spotify. I hope autoplay come back soon because i start to hate this issue.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hi,

since lasr update, bluetooth disconnects between songs.

I'm using version 3.3.0.988 and Android 4.3 on a Samasung Galaxy S3.

I've tested with two different bluetooth devices and the problem is the same.

Regards

hi,

thanks for reply - i think that is different to my issue though - ive seen other threads on here for that issue.

for me i think it stays connected but wont auto play - the app is loaded but paused normally

cheers

@jmendiburu wrote:
Hi,

since lasr update, bluetooth disconnects between songs.

This is valid for Samsung devices only. All other android devices work fine via bluetooth with last version (at least I didn't see any problem report other than Samsung here, and it's working ok on my xperia)

regarding topic - according to my experience autoplay with bluetooth works better with offline mode enabled, because when in online mode it may just still want to play on spotify connect(ed) device (e.g. home PC, even if it's already switched off) instead of mobile and/or seeks for internet connection even if playing offline playlists/albums (no internet - problem with playing)

however you're already using it in offline mode (I assume you have it enabled in spotify settings, not just trying to play downloaded music) so you can try other things:

- bluetooth autoplay uses last multimedia app used on the device - spotify should be last one to autoplay on it. In fact BT unit just sends 'media play/pause' command to device, similar as play/pause button on the earphones.

- autoplay works better when spotify is already started - you can try to use some tasker-like app to start spotify when your car  BT connects

-on Sony device I had to disable throw service, as it was messing with my autoplay. I don't know if there isn't something similar on HTC (some service to 'enhance' user experience when connecting multimedia devices to mobile via BT)

- autoplay almost never worked for me after device reboot, if I didn't start some music on spotify manually first.. so if you're after reboot: start spotify, play and pause... and you're free to go into the car 😉

currently I think I resolved all my autoplay issues using tasker, which is checking if music is playing after connecting to bluetooth and if not - it sends play command to spotify (via intent) until music actually starts to play.

This is valid for Samsung devices only. All other android devices work fine via bluetooth with last version (at least I didn't see any problem report other than Samsung here, and it's working ok on my xperia)

Hi odl,

you could be right, but I can't test the problem with other brand than Samsung.

I'm quite sure that the bluetooth connect/disconnect between songs problem started with last Spotify Android update 3.3.0.988. I was using Spotify very often before this update with my car bluetooth system with only minor problems (some audio gaps during playing and so on) but after this update, it has become totally unusable.

Also I've confirmed that no Android update has been applied to the phone, so it's very clear for me that something it's wrong with 3.3.0.988.

I'll wait a time for a new update that addresses this problem, but it could be a good thing that the older versions of Spotify were available in the meantime.

Regards,

@jmendiburu wrote:
Also I've confirmed that no Android update has been applied to the phone, so it's very clear for me that something it's wrong with 3.3.0.988.

I'm not saying that bluetooth doesn't work with spotify because of samsung update. it is clear that last version of spotify includes some changes, that are not compatible with samsungs. Samsung devices have most customized/modified version of Android system as far as I know and most probably some samsung app/service is in conflict with spotify when it sends track metadata (artist, title, etc.) to BT unit (I suspect that because it crashes while changing songs). Spotify app developer forgot or didn't know that samsungs need special care 😉

Spotify app developer forgot or didn't know that samsungs need special care 😉

I agree with you, odl. But Spotify has a big problem then! 🙂

Idc 2014 Q4 1

Just wanted to leave my note here as well. Having the exact same issue on my S4 mini since the latest update. The workaround proposed to install an old apk works but is of course not a real solution to this.

I have gotten the same feedback from support that Bluetooth streaming was not an "official" feature but that they might be working on an update but can not tell how fast they will be able to fix this. Let's see how long it takes, if they take their time I might go and take my subscription money elsewhere.

hi guys,

thanks for the replies

i am using spotify offline mode as suggested and also im launching the app to select playlist before i get in the car - so it should be all set to go

...im also using an app to specifically launch spotify once bt is linked - the dev says that spotify is known to be the worst music app in this regard - i find that poweramp works most of the time

cheers

dan

Tengo el mismo problema que tu y comparto tu comentario.
Debe haber una pronta solucion al problema. Si no lo mejor es comprar otra que nos brinde un servicio completo.
La app es muy buena pero sin la conexión al bluetooth no sirve
Marked as solution

I am using trigger app to launch spotify as soon as my phone (lg g2 5.0.2 custom rom) connects to specified (vw golf 7) bluetooth device.
Before the latest update of spotify it was autoplaying the spotify last played song. And i was not even getting my phone out of my pocket. But after the last update, it launches the spotify app but not start to play.
I think something forgotten in the latest version of the spotify. I hope autoplay come back soon because i start to hate this issue.

And for the records it was never in offline mode.

yes I find the same with blue tooth plug and play app..when I open phone spotify has started but doesn't play..api change maybe
cheers

I'm using an Iphone6s+ with the new ios10 and new spotify updates... and now I can't listen to my spotify anymore in my car 😞 it has always been fine and connected to my car bluetooth perfectly until i updated everything and it won't play thru my car speakers, only the iphone speaker.

Can someone PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM?! My fun car journey depends on it 😞

Same issue with my Galaxy S6 running Android 6.0.1 and my BMW E91 with "Radio Professional". It worked fine with Bluetooth Connect and Play but since a couple of days Spotify gets started but does not play anymore. When I start the music manually it works but it also does not stop the music on disconnect (ignition off). The same bahaviour can be observed when connecting to my PhilipsBT Receiver.

With the default Music App it works fine.
This is so annoying.

Why is this thread marked as solved? When I hit "go to solution" I only see more complaints and no solution.

UPDATE: Since the last Android Update the issue is gone. As the update automatically "optimizes" apps as well (whatever that means) it is unclear to me what really caused the faulty behavior, Android or Spotify.

I think i found a solution.

As you know i was having problem with vw golf 7 & Lg G2. I'v installed "autoplay for spotify" from play store. From that time to today no updates make a problem with metadata. Last month i'v bought a new phone Huawei P9, and installed the app. Still using with no mediadata problem. I think this is the thirdparty solution:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dasanderl.spotifyautoplay

hi guys,

just tried out a few different third party play apps recently but neither can make spotify actually play a selected playlist 😞

...one dev said that he isnt even sure there is an intent available to do this

...come on spotify! please fix this 😞

cheers

dan

C'mon Spotify...  Are you listening?

Using Trigger app, under general settings, set default music app to spotify. Under trigger tasks, just set to trigger media play start. Hope this helps 🙂

That didn't used to work, but with a recent update to the app last week, it is now working beautifully!  Loving it! 🙂  Except....

I wish I could start a specific playlist.  I have a playlist I want in the car, but the app is kept in sync with the Windows app so when I listen to something else on the PC, it influences the Android app when I get in the car later.

So either have the ability to start a specific playlist or break this "sync" between the apps.

Suggested posts