Country

Portugal

Device

Huawei P10 Lite

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello.

Unfortunally sometimes when I open the Spotify app it says I can't login. I place my user and password but I can't manage to login because I have no internet conection available. Wich is not true.

So I can't listen to any music.

Spotify sends then a new link to my e-mail to login but is not possible. The only way is to remove and reinstall the app again. There's not a big problem for me. The problem is this: I need to download again all my musics to listen them offline. Is really boring (4000-5000 musics takes to long to download...).

How can I solve this issue next time?

2 Replies

Hey there @LSMelo

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We'd suggest you also try a clean reinstall instead of the regular one as this step will remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hello.
It happens even in diferent networks... I also tried both type of re-installing the apps.
If I need to do it again (hope not!!!) is there any way to save my downloaded files in order to the new Spotify instalation recognize them and avoid downloading all again?
This issue is really strange. Spotify works fine in offline mode. I exit the app and later when I try to launch it again to use it is the moment when it asks to login again. And this is the moment of sadness... I know I will not manage to login again. Can manage if I install it again with all the re-downloads...

Suggested posts