Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cannot sync Samsung S 2 (with Android 4.1.2. Jelly Bean) with Spotify after update

Solved!

cannot sync Samsung S 2 (with Android 4.1.2. Jelly Bean) with Spotify after update

hi,

I can not sync my SGS2 Galaxy with new Android 4.1.2. JellyBean anymore with latest desktop version of spotify....it used to work perfectly before...I don´t know if it´s an issue with new spotify desktop version or new Android version.

I read troubleshooting and it says: connect your desktop computer with the same wlan as you do with your mobile device....I did not do that before...as my desktop pc is cable connected  with my router....I don´t even know if my old desktop computer can be connected wireless with the internet....so I really think that this is NOT the issue...since it used to work before with the same configuration: desktop PC connected with cable to the router....and mobile phone connected with wlan from router using the same internet connection.....so any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

....and what would be the solution to have my mobile device listed again on desktop spotify...?.....I know that I have to indicate playlists on the PC  to be offline playlists....but then again....

since my mobile is not listed on PC version....there is no automatic sync/download of that specific playlist as it used to be before....

....and without having my mobile recognised by spotify ....there will also be no transfer of local files to my mobile phone...so my problem isn´t solved unfortunately....,-(

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there! Are you talking about syncing local tracks to your Android device?

If yes, then you should be aware that this feature is very buggy and it rarely works well 😞

However, you should uninstall the Android app and then install it again 😉

Liam

I guess it´s more complicated: I am not talking about syncing local tracks...I am talking about sync between desktop version of spotify and my mobile phone in general.....

Since new versions of Spotify still don´t offer the option to store offline playlists to external SD cards...I uninstalled latest version of spotify app...installed an old version of the spotify app still offering to choose where to store offline playlists....then upgraded to the latest spotify app....my mobile app works perfectly....all offline playlists are now being stored to external SD card....but syncing between desktop version and mobile phone seems not to work anymore..... 

@PatBLN wrote:

I guess it´s more complicated: I am not talking about syncing local tracks...I am talking about sync between desktop version of spotify and my mobile phone in general.....

Since new versions of Spotify still don´t offer the option to store offline playlists to external SD cards...I uninstalled latest version of spotify app...installed an old version of the spotify app still offering to choose where to store offline playlists....then upgraded to the latest spotify app....my mobile app works perfectly....all offline playlists are now being stored to external SD card....but syncing between desktop version and mobile phone seems not to work anymore..... 

When you sync via WiFi you are doing it to Sync your local tracks - this is what it is for. Your playlists etc will update from the Spotify servers...

Liam

mmh ok....maybe I misunderstood something....ok to give an example....I create a playlist in spotify on desktop computer and choose to have it "offline"....ok.....my mobile phone immediately indicates that playlist....but then...I think it would automatically download that playlist...since I chose "offline playlist" on the computer....now of course I can go to my playlist on my mobile...but then have to manually choose "download".....

I think it used to download automatically....since my mobile device is still NOT listed on the desktop version of spotify...

Too confusing....?

Once again:

1. my mobile doesn´t get shown on desktop version of spotify

2. why should I manually download offline playlist if this could be done automatically if mobile device would really be shown as a device on the desktop version.....

You must manually mark playlists as offline for each device!

There is no way around that, and that is how it was desgined 🙂

Liam

Marked as solution

....and what would be the solution to have my mobile device listed again on desktop spotify...?.....I know that I have to indicate playlists on the PC  to be offline playlists....but then again....

since my mobile is not listed on PC version....there is no automatic sync/download of that specific playlist as it used to be before....

....and without having my mobile recognised by spotify ....there will also be no transfer of local files to my mobile phone...so my problem isn´t solved unfortunately....,-(

How do you get Spotify working on the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean? After Installing and opening the app, I just get a blank screen... I tried the different downloads. None work...

Suggested posts