Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

deleted tracks in device playlist and desktop keeps adding them to device

deleted tracks in device playlist and desktop keeps adding them to device

I have premium account and listen to music in my android device on offline mode. I edit my playlists in my device by deleting songs i don't want anymore but when I get my device online, it start downloading again the songs that are in my desktop playlist. How can I make my dektop to have the same songs I just deleted in my device? Is there an option to have bilateral sync?

3 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I think the switching between online and offline might be the problem. When you're online and delete a playlist, does that work properly for you? 

Please let me know. 

When I am online I can delete songs and have no problem with my playlist. When I am ofline, if I create a new playlist in the device,  spotify will add the new playlist and the songs I added to desktop while I was offline. But if I delete songs offline from an existing playlist then when I go online at home, the deleted songs will be added back to my device's playlists.

I've come across this before. I seem to recall that it was found that when editing a playlist offline that upon going online the server stored version of your playlist would take priority. This is because when you go online to sync it will just push to your phone, as the server didn't get your delete message (due to being offline) it will readd any missing tracks.

I fear the only option is to only edit your playlists when online so that the server gets the delete message. Without this it will always just push your stored playlist overwriting your changes.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts