Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

free music on older version android

free music on older version android

Hello!!!

My name is Helder Constantino, and i have a mobile phone with andoird 2.2!

I can't listen free music!

It is possible to put the app working on my phone?

Thanks

7 Replies

Hello!

I'm sorry but the app is currently works for 2.3 and up. Have you tried upgrading your phone or putting a custom rom on it? Maybe in the future they will allow devices running the now aging Android 2.2 to use the app.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Yup, Spotify ended support for Android 2.2 with v0.6.x which is too old to utilise Spotify Free on mobile I'm afraid.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Is it possible to download and install the older version so I can use it on my 2.2 device

I can't upgrade and I can't access the older version from the play store which is compatible with my device.

Not sure what to do. Really sad I can't use spotify any more.

I'm sorry but I don't believe that you use a downgraded version of the Spotify app.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Sorry I'm not sure I understand your reply

Are you saying its not possible to find the earlier versions of the spotify application? Even if I contact the developer team?

Or that you can't install an earlier version without using the Android Play interface

Hello!

I believe that you cannot download a prevous version of the app. 

The old Spotify apps got pulled due to a security issue and Spotify normally won't provide you with apk's if you get in touch with support.

That being said, if you have a google you might be able to find an old one somewhere (you need pre 0.6.5).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts