Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

i have a car with android auto but i cannot find spotify. It only has google play music??

Solved!

i have a car with android auto but i cannot find spotify. It only has google play music??

I recently bought a 2015 VW golf which has android auto installed. I have connected my phone, (which is an HTC One M7) and android auto seems to work fine. The only issue is that a cant seem to find spofity. I have pressed on the music button but the only option that comes up is google play music?? 

I would be really grateful if someone could help me. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, that's strange. Okay, this might sound like the mundane response but have you tried the classic, uninstalling *both* android auto and spotify on your device, then reinstalling them afterwards? 🙂 

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey!

On my 2015 Skoda Fabia... well VW Polo, I too have AA. In my case I have to press the music button twice. Once to go into Google Play, then once again to bring up the list of available apps. Once Spotify is selected, you shouldn't have to double press in the future. Hope it works,

Cheers, Jon

Hey!!

thanks, ill try it next time i go for a drive and ill tell you if it works or not 🙂

Please do, I hope it works 🙂

Cheers, J

Hey!, 

I tried doing what you said and a list comes up but it still only has Google Play Music on it? I have spotify on my phone and im logged in so i dont know why it isn't working.

Cheers

The list that come upThe list that come up

Hey!, 

I tried doing what you said and a list comes up but it still only has Google Play Music on it? I have spotify on my phone and im logged in so i dont know why it isn't working.

Cheers

The list that comes upThe list that comes up

IMAG0040.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey, that's strange. Okay, this might sound like the mundane response but have you tried the classic, uninstalling *both* android auto and spotify on your device, then reinstalling them afterwards? 🙂 

Hey, thank you so much for the help!!. turned out all i had to do was reinstall both apps (who knew it would be something that simple).

Cheers

Haha, glad it's sorted, and you're most welcome.

Cheers, Jon

I have discovered the same problem but unfortunately cannot reinstall Spotify as it crashes and reboots my phone. Maybe it's something to do with it being preinstalled? Reinstalled Android auto and that doesn't help.

Hey, that's really strange. It shouldn't do that! 

First of all, what phone do you use? And how are you reinstalling an app that you can't uninstall?

Hopefully, we can sort this out! Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon,

Yes, basically i cannot re-install the Spotify App as the uninstall crashes the phone.

The phone is a Sony Xperia Z5.

Since my last post i've received my Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and cannot get the Android Auto to work with the head unit (it simply doesn't register) so i need to figure that one out too!

Cheers,

Kev

Hi Kev,

You might want to try clearing the app cache before uninstall. See if that helps. Do this.

1. Go to phone settings

2. Go into 'Apps'

3. Scroll down to Spotify and tap

4. (Depending on your system you may need to click 'storage')

5. Click on 'Clear Data'

That may sort it without uninstall. 

6. Failing that uninstall after doing this and then reinstall from the Playstore!

Cheers

Jon

Hi John,
Thank you for your suggestion.
I did try that at the time but it didn’t help then.
But fortunately I’ve had some application updates of both Android Auto and Spotify since my original post and it all works now 😊
The only problem now is that it doesn’t work with my new Mitsubishi Outlander 2017 car however it says coming soon on the Mitsubishi site so I guess I just need to wait and see!
Thanks,
Kevin

Hi John,
Thank you for your suggestion.
I did try that at the time but it didn’t help then.
But fortunately I’ve had some application updates of both Android Auto and Spotify since my original post and it all works now 😊
The only problem now is that it doesn’t work with my new Mitsubishi Outlander 2017 car however it says coming soon on the Mitsubishi site so I guess I just need to wait and see!
Thanks,
Kevin

Well I'm really glad it's resolved itself! Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.

I have an xperia z5 compact. Spotify came pre-installed, so I can't uninstall it, all I can do is dissable it an reenable it, which I've done a couple of times and still no joy.  Also tried uninstalling then reinstalling android auto, again no luck.

When I look at the app info it does say installed from play store, not sure if it could still be a side-load issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Suggested posts