Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

local files on android

Solved!

local files on android

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

My Question or Issue

I have some songs from local files added to my playlist. I can play it without any problems on my computer but since today i can't do it on my phone. How to solve it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running? I'd appreciate any screenshots of how your app responds to your commands to play your local files as well.

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Maciej1409 ,

Welcome to the community!

Please make sure you have both the PC and phone on the same wi-fi, and have both open. Then disable the firewall on the PC. Once you do that, it should automatically sync your local files from the PC to your phone. 

Also, I'd suggest adding the song to your playlist on Spotify and then download the playlist to your phone on the Android App.

You can find more information about local files here: https://support.spotify.com/article/listen-to-local-files/

If the steps above don't do the trick, let me know! 

Still not working. The songs are already downloaded on my phone but every time when I want to play these songs  nothing happens. Any other ideas?

Marked as solution

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running? I'd appreciate any screenshots of how your app responds to your commands to play your local files as well.

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Works fine after reinstallation! Thank You for advice

I'm glad it worked! Feel free to reach back here if you ever need further help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested posts