Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution OnePlus 7 Pro No Track Listing In Car.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(OnePlus 7 Pro)Operating System(Android Pie, Oxygen OS) My Question or IssueI recently upgraded my phone to the OnePlus 7 Pro. I previously had a Samsung Galaxy 7. When using Spotify on my previous phone I've encountered n...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device (OnePlus 7 Pro) Operating System (Android Pie, Oxygen OS)   My Question or Issue I recently upgraded my phone to the OnePlus 7 Pro. I previously...
  • Swenrettel
  • Visitor
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

I wish there was a way for us to express our frustration at some of the changes that are introduced

I'm not really looking for a solution, because I know there isn't any. But it's very disempowering to suddenly have an app that you pay for and use on a very regular basis to change underneath you and rip user behaviour away. The only way we can expr...

• Regular
  • I'm not really looking for a solution, because I know there isn't any. But it's very disempowering to suddenly have an app that you pay for and use on a very regular basis to change underneath you an...
  • Ryandandurand87
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Headphones skipping two songs at a time when display is off

I'm currently using a Nokia 6.1 with apple earphones. When using Spotify, if I double tap the middle button while the display is off, Spotify will skip the current track AND the next one, sometimes playing a split-second of that track. I've tested wi...

• Music Fan
  • I'm currently using a Nokia 6.1 with apple earphones. When using Spotify, if I double tap the middle button while the display is off, Spotify will skip the current track AND the next one, sometimes p...
  • Cosmo_Kane
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

New view cuts off results in 'Appears on'

PlanPremium CountryUS DeviceSony Xperia XA1 Ultra Operating SystemAndroid OreoVersion: 8.5.25.201 My Question or IssueI was recently transitioned to the new view, which is... interesting. It is nice that albums and singles fall under 'Discography' wi...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium   Country US   Device Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra   Operating System Android Oreo Version: 8.5.25.201   My Question or Issue I was recently transitioned to th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to sign in to spotify after logging out

The below post describes the exact same issue I encountered.... once I logged out with offline mode enabled. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Please-go-online-to-connect-to-Spotify/idi-p/2112803 Device: LG V20

• Visitor
  • The below post describes the exact same issue I encountered.... once I logged out with offline mode enabled.   https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Please-go-online-to-connect-to-Sp...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Glitching/Crashing

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9 My Question or IssueWhenever I try open spotify, it glitches and keeps trying to reload with the Google Smart lock appearing at the bottom that doesn't go away. How do I fix this issue? I've tried disabling the Goog...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy S9   My Question or Issue Whenever I try open spotify, it glitches and keeps trying to reload with the Google Smart lock appearing at the bottom that doe...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify closes when I connect to internet.

PlanPremiumCountryCosta RicaDeviceHuawei KII-L22Operating SystemAndroid version 5.1.1 My Question or IssueWhenever I'm listening to music (either downloaded or not) when my phone connects to a wifi or a data internet connection, Spotify suddenly clos...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Costa Rica Device Huawei KII-L22 Operating System Android version 5.1.1   My Question or Issue Whenever I'm listening to music (either downloaded or not) when my p...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify redownloads music on phone restart, ignores SD card

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceMoto G 5 PlusOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueI recently had to move my music over to my SD card as my internal storage is getting completely full, there is NO WAY TO DO THIS IN APP so I had to reinstall the ...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device Moto G 5 Plus Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue I recently had to move my music over to my SD card as my internal storage is getting c...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android oreo
    motorola
    redownloading
    Redownloading songs
    SD-card
    storage problem
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Huawei, Spotify crashes

PlanPremium DeviceHuawei p smart plus 2019 My Question or IssueThe app always crashes down as soon as I turn on the wifi. I have to open the app and close it again several times before I can use it and then it loads very long as if I would not have a...

• Plan Premium   Device Huawei p smart plus 2019   My Question or Issue The app always crashes down as soon as I turn on the wifi. I have to open the app and close it again severa...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Liked Songs not syncing

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceGalaxy S9, LaptopOperating SystemAndroid 9, Win10 x64 version 1903 My Question or IssueIt's been a while now that not all my platforms sync properly the list of liked songs.All the devices are connected to the internet a...

Screenshot_11.png Screenshot_12.png Screenshot_20190903-140258_Spotify.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device Galaxy S9, Laptop Operating System Android 9, Win10 x64 version 1903   My Question or Issue It's been a while now that not all my platforms sync prop...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Dowloaded songs diasppear when i go offline

I have a premium plan on 3 different devices and they are all fine, except on an android tablet i have all my songs downloaded (over 500) and when im online theyre all there and show that they are dowloaded but when i go offline my songs go down to a...

• Visitor
  • I have a premium plan on 3 different devices and they are all fine, except on an android tablet i have all my songs downloaded (over 500) and when im online theyre all there and show that they are do...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops playing after screen dims - S10 Galaxy

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps playing after being closed.

PlanFamily PremiumCountryCosta Rica DeviceHuawei P10 Lite Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI have Spotify open and playing, then I decide to close all the apps, I see that Spotify slides and closes, but in the notification area, Spotify ke...

• Regular
  • Plan Family Premium Country Costa Rica    Device Huawei P10 Lite   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I have Spotify open and playing, then I decide to cl...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • after
    closing
    keeps
    music
    playing
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps redownloading tracks

Plan: PremiumCountry: IndiaDevice: Samsung galaxy note 5 running android pieWhenever I download my songs in the app, it attempts to redownload them in intervals. All my 1000+ songs keep redownloading when I attempt to download them.Kindly look into t...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Premium Country: India Device: Samsung galaxy note 5 running android pie Whenever I download my songs in the app, it attempts to redownload them in intervals. All my 1000+ songs keep redownl...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Waiting for download on new phone

hi guys,i am a premium family member and i just changed my phone.its a xiami A3. i logged in and saw it wouldnt download all the songs i had downloaded on my old phone. i tried deactivating the firewall and giving the app all autkrizations but nothin...

• Casual Listener
  • hi guys, i am a premium family member and i just changed my phone.its a xiami A3. i logged in and saw it wouldnt download all the songs i had downloaded on my old phone. i tried deactivating the fir...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Randomly Pausing

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid 9.1 My Question or IssueMy music randomly pauses and when I turn the screen or unlock my phone, the music starts playing again. When the screen goes dark, the music stops agai...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android 9.1   My Question or Issue My music randomly pauses and when I turn the screen or unlock my phone, the...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Specific songs are not playing

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Samsung Galaxy J7 PrimeOperating System(Android) My Question or IssueI cant play certain songs for no reason there is no error mesage or anything i just cant click to the specific songs they are not banned in my country...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device (Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue I cant play certain songs for no reason there is no error mesage o...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I just want to **bleep**ing download spotify to my man's phone

I subscribe to premium and have spotify on my own phone. My guy has a samsung s5 and I want to download the spotify app onto his phone. I want to use my account cuz i pay for it. My Question or Issue **bleep**This is so **bleep**ing frustrating. i ha...

• Visitor
  •   I subscribe to premium and have spotify on my own phone. My guy has a samsung s5 and I want to download the spotify app onto his phone. I want to use my account cuz i pay for it.  My Qu...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My music stops every time, my phone turns off

Dear Spotify-Community, I have this problem that my music stops playing almost every time I turn my phone off. As soon as I start it again it's going on. I mean I paid for some music and I would love to listen to it whilst im not always on the phone....

• Visitor
  • Dear Spotify-Community,  I have this problem that my music stops playing almost every time I turn my phone off. As soon as I start it again it's going on. I mean I paid for some music and I wou...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution music cuts out

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuewhen ever im playing music with my speaker (altech lancing) as soon as i turn my off my phone...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue when ev...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes