Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

no internet connection available / you are offline on mobile data

no internet connection available / you are offline on mobile data

Yes, that issue again. I've been having this problem for more than one full month now, and I have tried EVERYTHING I could find. I've read all the threads, I've watched loads of videos, read multiple articles on the issue, and along the way, got more frustrated every day.

So here's what I tried:
Restart phone
Clear Cache, storage, whatever
Reinstall like 30 times with different methods
Clean reinstall
Reset APN, reset carrier
Reset everything else
Allow Spotify to access whatever, Location, Media, Contacts
Try with four different SIM-Cards in two different countries
Mobile Data always on, Data in the background, unrestricted data for Spotify
Wifi Scan throttling
And a lot more I probably already forgot. Basically anything that was
8 Replies

Full text:

I've been having this problem for more than 4 weeks now, and I have tried EVERYTHING I could find. I've read all the threads, I've watched loads of videos, read multiple articles on the issue, and along the way, got more frustrated every day.

So here's what I tried:
Restart phone
Clear Cache, storage, whatever
Reinstall like 30 times
Clean reinstall
Reset APN, reset carrier
Reset everything else
Allow Spotify to access whatever, Location, Media, Contacts
Try with four different SIM-Cards in two different countries
Mobile Data always on, Data in the background, unrestricted data for Spotify
Wifi Scan throttling
Older versions of Spotify
And a lot more I probably already forgot. Basically anything that was recommended anywhere.

My phone:
Infinix Hot Play X6816
Android 11
Spotify Premium (actually Premium Student, but I'm paying 10$ a month, contacted Support three times about this, never got a response)
Country Indonesia / Malaysia

Since I uninstalled, wiped all data and reinstalled the app, I can't even log in anymore. All I get is: You're offline  Check your internet connection and try again. - Well, thanks for the advice Spotify, great job.
This problem's been around for more than 10 years now. Can't believe they still didn't solve this properly. It's breaking my heart because I really love Spotify, the Podcasts, the music, the functions, but this remaining unresolved will be my reason to cancel.
Right now I'm only streaming music on Youtube and I can only use Spotify on my Laptop, where it also doesn't function properly because I can't play any songs from artist pages or albums. But that's another issue right around the corner.

So, I guess it might be a hardware problem right? Well, Spotify was running smoothly on this very device until nearly 5 weeks ago. Then nothing particular happened and it just started bugging. My only option I have left is to factory reset the whole phone, make a backup, reinstall all the apps, reestablish all the logins, takes like 2 full days. Or is there something else?
I'm grateful for anybody who proves my frustration wrong

Cheers

Hey @markuseuringer,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for the extensive troubleshooting that you've tried. 

We'd like to point out that a lot of folks experience this, however the causes vary greatly and are dependent on device models, OS versions and manufacturer- specific OS settings.

It's a good idea to try clean uninstall the app and install it again but this time -  download it over mobile data. This may sound like an overlooked step, but it can be helpful in cases like yours. You've mentioned that you've tried reinstalling before, but we've seen cases where offline while "on mobile data" that get resolved this way. 

On another note, it's also worth creating a free account for testing purposes and try to see if you'll experience the same. This will help us understand if the issue is related to your account only or not. 

If you still experience this on the other account and you've made sure that the app has access to mobile data in the phone's settings, it'd be best to contact your device's manufacturer for further help.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Warm greetings @lyubka!
First of all, thank you for attending to my struggle!

Actually I tried both ways to download the app several times, especially via mobile data, with several different SIM-Cards as well. Unfortunately, it didn't affect the issue.
Unfortunately there was also no result when I tried a new account with a new mail address.

So, it's gotta be my device then? I just wonder, because Spotify did run on that device before it started bugging. I also deinstalled many apps that might possibly influence the phone's connectivity, like VPNs or power saver or anything like that. I'm just not sure if after I redo my whole phone it will start working again.

Anyway, cheers so far, thanks a lot for your time!

Hi there @markuseuringer,

Thanks for the post and the info you've shared.

It looks like your phone is most likely the culprit in this case, since you've tried enabling all app permissions and tried with different SIM cards and accounts. 

In most cases, this issue is caused by the mobile carrier disabling some functionality on their network, but since you've tried using different mobile providers it can't be that.

Right now your best guess would be to do a factory reset on your phone, but we can't guarantee that will get the app running on mobile data. You might also want to check the manufacturer's website or forum page, to see if other users have shared information about similar issues. Since this started happening recently, it might be a OS update causing the issue as well. If that's the case, an update with a fix might get released in the future.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been trying to listen songs in my App.

At first it didn't let me log in saying I was Offline although everything was working fine then I connected with Wifi and I logged into the App successfully, now I'm trying to play songs but the songs doesn't play at all.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Pakistan

Device

(Infinix Note 10)

Operating System

(Android XOSv 7.6.0)

My Question or Issue

How do I solve this issue?

Even if the songs play with wifi if I check.

But the question stays the same how do I listen to songs on cellular data?

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we've forwarded your input to our tech folks so they can also investigate further. We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any new info to share.

In the meantime, make sure you keep the app up to date so that you're always running the latest version of Spotify.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Heya,

so I finally just made a backup of everything, factory reset my phone and reinstalled Spotify. It works now. It took me some time and effort reestablishing everything, settings, logins, designs and so on, but in the end that was one day. And that beats the **bleep** out of all the time I lost being frustrated with the app not working. I sure lost nearly 2 months that I paid for Spotify and couldn't use it, but in the end, who knows what the actual problem was. So, of course, factory reset is a solution, even if not the handiest one. Might be interesting to see if it has something to do with Infinix phones per se, since Bigmonster and I both use that brand.

Alright anyway, thanks for the time and cheers to all, peace out!

Hey @markuseuringer,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're glad to hear that everything works as it should for you 🙂 

If you ever have any other questions in the future, feel free to post in the Community again.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts