Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

offline songs not available on android

offline songs not available on android

Hi,

So i bought this new phone and this happened to me. I currently have a Motorola Moto Z Play, running android 7.0

I have Spotify Premium, also installed the app on my laptop. I also have a playlist with songs of my own (not available on Spotify), played through local files. I enjoyed this with my former phone, syncing and downloading playslist to listen offline, but now, i cannot even get to play the songs. They appear in grey and whenever i try to play them it says: "song is not available". no problem playing them in my laptop. 

While Streaming, i can control the songs through my phone as i listen to them on my laptop, but i cannot do it the other way around. if i play a song that is not available on phone, it will not work, even if i try to control it through the laptop. 

I have uninstalled spotify in every device i had and closed sessions everywhere else i have used it but i cannot seem to get it working. Please Help me!

Screenshot_20170522-141753.png
123567.jpg
5 Replies

You just need to download those local files to your new mobile following the steps here. Shout if you have any problems.

Well, this doesn't work at all. It downloaded every track but the grey ones. Nothing has changed.
Screenshot_20170524-023005.png

Those greyed songs are not available. It happens when you add some song and then some legal changes are made, the Label or Artist do not allow them to listen in your country.

So you still see them but cannot listen to them.

If local files which you have imported to your PC won't download to android, its' probably because a firewall is stopping the transfer but here is a full list of other possible issues.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

I don't think it's copyright related. Some songs are virtually unknown, with no name, and old as they get. Some others are in Spotify data base, but I happen to have a version with higher volume or so. I just have to tweak the name because if I use the database name, some times it will just play the database version instead of my own.

Suggested posts