Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

playlist crossfades with option unset, and skips to wrong time code in songs

playlist crossfades with option unset, and skips to wrong time code in songs

I'm listening to the Spotify Playlist "Tiki Torch" (spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DWSlskcBvOTt0) on my Android client, with my Windows 10 client open to control it.  I have crossfade turned off, and gapless playback turned on.  However, it seems to be matching beats and crossfading.  Also, if I start on one song and play for X seconds, then hit the forward button to skip to the next song, it starts me in the next song at X seconds, instead of the beginning.  This happens whether I control phone playback via the Android client or through my synced Windows client.

1 Reply

Hey @hedges333.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Just to confirm:

• Is this happening on just this playlist, or is it happening on several playlists?
  • If it's the latter, ais this limited to only Spotify-curated playlists?
  • When skipping a song in that playlist, does it always play the next song from the same time? Just to check, could you do the following and let us know if this is what you're experiencing:
    • Play the playlist from the top ("Fine Day")
    • Let the song play to e.g. 20 seconds and press Next - the next song ("Underwater") should play from 20 seconds
    • Go back to the first song ("Fine Day") and press Next after 5 seconds - the next song ("Underwater") should play from 5 seconds?

Once we have all that information, we'll be able to look into this further.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Suggested posts