Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Copied from original post that was closed:

"I've noticed a recent "feature" that will display a "Now Playing" notification on my phone when I have the desktop app playing on a computer (doesn't care what OS, and it shows the computer name at the top). I can't seem to find a way to turn that off, and it's really annoying when I have to keep clearing that notification over and over because it returns constantly. Is there a way to turn off this feature??"

Please help! This is still happening, and now I encounter situations where I can't clear the notification. I want to turn this feature off while I'm listening on desktop, but keep the notification when listening on my phone. I don't want to have to disable/enable it every time.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @cbpvsu_-st8xw

This is not recent, it is been like that since Spotify introduced "Spotify Connect" 5 years ago. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn it off.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The idea to make it optional exists here. You can vote for it if you want, but currently, it is marked as "Not right now" 😞

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @cbpvsu_-st8xw

This is not recent, it is been like that since Spotify introduced "Spotify Connect" 5 years ago. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn it off.

@jsannn wrote:

Hi @cbpvsu_-st8xw

Perhaps I've just had old phones/OSes in the past, because I hadn't encountered this until I switched to the Galaxy S8. Thanks for the information. Maybe I could submit a request to the devs to add a toggle switch for this feature?

Marked as solution

The idea to make it optional exists here. You can vote for it if you want, but currently, it is marked as "Not right now" 😞

@jsannn wrote:

Thank you, I did! Hopefully it can gain some traction, as it's been a while and would be worth implementing.

Suggested posts