Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Going For A Drive?" Notification

"Going For A Drive?" Notification

1) In the name of GOD, HOW DO I DISABLE THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!

2) The employee responsible for this needs to FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!!! (Preferably out of a canon)

3) Why on earth would you think it's a good idea to NAG your paying customers multiple times a day?!?! This is completely unacceptable. Not to mention that podcasts suck on spotify. I, like most who listen to podcasts, have a separate (and vastly superior) app for that and have no interest in EVER listening to podcast in spotify. I wish I could deactivate the entire podcast section in my app, DEFINITELY

NOT GET NAGGED EVERY TIME I GET IN MY CAR.

Plan

Premium

Country
USA

Device

Samsung s10

Operating System

Android 11

42 Replies

THIS.

The Android notification started popping up on my phone a few days ago.  VERY distracting when I start to drive and my phone goes off.  Can't find a setting to shut it off.  I'm getting very close to dumping Spotify, that's how annoying it is!

Anyone have any luck stopping these?

I concur

Literally every few minutes no matter where I am. Going to straight up disable Spotify notifications if this keeps going

Oh god, yes! Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to send a push notification every time I enter my car? Make it stop! 

I turned off every notification in the app, and it is still happening.  Horrible idea Spotify.

In the past week, the new "going for a drive?" notification pops up multiple times a day, even when I'm just walking 100 feet from the bedroom to the kitchen. I have tried the Drive Time personalized playlist, but the notifications feel constant. Can they be customized by the user, or the logic in the app for when to display it refined? So far I've just silenced all Spotify notifications. 

So true! This is the worst idea ever. Tried turning off all notifications, didnt help. Tried reinstalling the app, didnt help.

I'm getting the feeling that Spotify don't care about their own product. There are so many issues and fixes but they never get fixed. I am really thinking about trying another music platform after all this. Spotify support is a joke.

THIS NOTIFICATION IS LITERALLY KILLING ME!!!

Well not literally, but it's pretty damn annoying.

Whoever implemented this effed up somewhere, it should not keep popping up, fix it please!

Spotify, fix this now.  This is so annoying.  I know I'm going for a drive, If I want to listen to music, I'll open the app!

Forgot to mention that I get this not even driving, I've been sitting at work today, and I've opened my phone and dismissed the notification at least 5 times, probably would be more if I was actively on it. 

Just gonna leave a 1 star review on the app in protest until this is fixed.

This needs to be an option under the "Always pay full attention to the road..." section of the settings.  For now I've disabled all notifications, because this was literally prompting me every 2 minutes while driving.  The real kicker is that it only stays on the screen for about 2 seconds, so it took several times being distracted to figure out why my phone kept buzzing, then a few more to catch it in time to disable the settings.  Job done, Spotify.

Same problem here! 5 minutes after starting driving I pull the car over to check if it's something urgent just to see Spotify again!

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We'd like to gather some more information about this.

Can you provide us screenshots of the notification?

It would also be great if you can let us know the following information:

• At what point it appears
  • Is the app open/closed
  • What your in-app notification settings are

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It happens when Bluetooth connects, the app is closed with whatever the default notification settings are. It has been happening to me for nearly a week I'd guess.

I know that it shouldn't be but it is really REALLY annoying!! So much so that I am genuinely considering cancelling my subscription in the next few days if it doesn't get resolved. 

Please fix it before I go insane!!!!!

This notification is driving me nuts! (Sorry)

Uninstalled the app, reinstalled.

Seems to be no way to disable it, I've disabled the relavant notifications in settings and it still comes up.

I assume it's triggered when the phone connects to certain Bluetooth connections.

Spotify! Kill it! It serves no useful purpose other than to annoy.

Here's a screenshot. I wasn't in my car at all. It either happened spontaneously or when I began casting.

Screenshot_20220218-164324.jpg

This is what the notification looks like. It comes up several times per day when I'm sitting at home working and no where near any car. I tried turning off the notifications as well as the navigate app thingy but it continues to terrorise me.

Appears randomly during the day. I don't have the Spotify app open.

Screenshot_20220218-174252.jpg

Again just randomly. Didn't have Spotify open or connect to anything

Screenshot_20220218-181723.jpg

+1

Suggested posts