Premium for Family

Country

USA

Device

Motorola Z Play

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

My interface for the "Your Library" section of my app has mysteriously changed and I can't get back to what it was before.  I used to have links for artists, songs, albums, playlists, etc.  Now, I have only 2 categories, "Music" which only gives me access to playlists I've created, artists I'm following (which was empty since I wasn't 'following' any artists, and albums, and "Podcasts" which I don't listen to.  See the attachment for what it looks like.  Also, there used to be a little 'person' icon in the upper left that I could tap on and get to some user info.  That's gone also.  I have 2 questions.  First, is this new interface a planned thing, or could there be a problem with my account.  Second, if it is planned, how do I get back to the old interface, because that one was a heck of a lot more functional than this one.

Screenshot_20190218-130115.png
3 Replies

Hey @BrokenBlack!

There is a similar thread of a user experiencing the same issue and a moderotar replied to it here. Hope it helps!

That link doesn't really address any solution that I can find.  It mentions keeping spotify updated, which I have been doing.  There are no more updates for spotify needed on my phone.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled once already and the same **bleep** interface comes back.  So, what gives spotify?

Hey, same thing happened to me. After some messages i ended up installing an older version of spotify since i hated the new interface so much! jaja

The version i installed is 8.4.93 since it appears to be the newest one with the old layout and functionality.

This link was provided by spotify support, you have to uninstall spotify and download the desired version on your phone.

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old

*This works for andriod, not sure for iphone.

Suggested posts