Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"you appear to be logging in to spotify from a different country "

Solved!

"you appear to be logging in to spotify from a different country "

Delighted Spotify is now available in Guatemala. But I can't get it to work my friends' mobiles. I keep getting the "you appear to be signing in from a different country" error and I can go no further. Maybe it's because I downloaded Spotify in the USA for them. But I uninstall, cleared the cache, deleted files, reinstalled. But no luck. Any ideas? Frustrated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed wrote:
Let me explain more clearly really three accounts involved . My USA premium account works perfectly. And, I have two friends I'm helping here in Guatemala. The first friend probably will want a Guatemalan account, so I'll make the change you recommend above. The second friends has a USA account. Will friend #2 be able to get ad-supported free stream in Guatemala via his USA account?

If the "second friend" is using Spotify free, then it will work "abroad" in Guatemala for 14 days before loosing access. After that period, changing country here to Guatemala is all they should need to do. Once they are back in the US, they should be able to change back (just do the reverse) easily. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

27 Replies

Hello!

Your profile country needs to match your IP location, you can change your country here.

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Thanks 77. But how does this work? I have a USA profile, and I travel/live in Guatemala without making any changes using my premium account.

If you have premium @user-removed your account should work anywhere in the world. Would it be possible to grab a screenshot of the error? 

Peter

Let me explain more clearly really three accounts involved . My USA premium account works perfectly. And, I have two friends I'm helping here in Guatemala. The first friend probably will want a Guatemalan account, so I'll make the change you recommend above. The second friends has a USA account. Will friend #2 be able to get ad-supported free stream in Guatemala via his USA account?
Marked as solution

@user-removed wrote:

If the "second friend" is using Spotify free, then it will work "abroad" in Guatemala for 14 days before loosing access. After that period, changing country here to Guatemala is all they should need to do. Once they are back in the US, they should be able to change back (just do the reverse) easily. 

Peter

It's working now for me and my friends. I set the country to Guatemala on-line and uninstalled, clear cache, and other files, per instructions in the forum to reset. It works. Happy.

And thank you!

You are very welcome! 

I hope you and your friends enjoy your music! 🙂 

Peter

Hi Spotify Team,

I also experiencing difficulties to logging in my account on Spotify. I'm using my tablet. I am from the Philippines but I'm here now on Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Please help me! It's killing me.. This is the only way of my comfortment here. Thanks for your quick reply. 🙂

I did also what you said. I changed the country but only only 1 choices.. Is that correct? But when I tried to login my account the error shows again.

Hello, I got the same problem. It said "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account." When I logged in and go to my profit, I cannot change my country as there is no choices for me to choose. Spotify wrongly  think I'm abroad but I'm not. Please help!

why can't anyone just say go to your profile or account, look for the country on the lower right of the page.. click the country and change it.. then log in to your android phone. once you got it to login change back the country... easy as that.. 

the one under personal info does not change.. so its useless.. 

Capture.PNG

Hi spotify team, I have the same problem. Im from the philippines and now im living in Doha, Qatar. I get the same error message. And i tried to edit my settings to my present location but no other country comes out. I can only choose Philippines. I am logged in through my fb account. Please advise how to access my profile. Thanks!

@morwena wrote:
Hi spotify team, I have the same problem. Im from the philippines and now im living in Doha, Qatar. I get the same error message. And i tried to edit my settings to my present location but no other country comes out. I can only choose Philippines. I am logged in through my fb account. Please advise how to access my profile. Thanks!

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I have the same problem too! What should i do ?

thankyou for providing the link.  I have been trying to fix this for some time, now done.

guys best solution download finch vpn...feather logo,it hides your ip adress

the finch vpn worked...i have tried a bunch of other vpns but this one did the trick...i had to change my country but it doesn't matter much as long as i can log in and use spotify 😉

Facing witj same problem.. and when i want to change country it shows me just Turkey !.. i cannot change it to anything else !!

Suggested posts