Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

samsung s3 online/offline issues

Solved!

samsung s3 online/offline issues

Spotify switches to offline all the time. Can force it to be online for 10 min at a time. Then the music stops ,even though im playing from an offline playlist . I am roaming and thats the reason im told when i log back in. why cant i stay online all the time?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I got the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (running android 3.2) with the latest preview version installed. It's connected all the time through Wifi, but it almost instantly switches offline. It tries to go online a couple of times, but switches back offline again. 

To test interference with other devices, I switched offline on the other mobile (and desktop) devices, but no luck so far.

After some more testing the app went online after removing and installing the app again. Reinstalling wasn't sufficient.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey alexela, welcome to the Community.

Can I ask which version of the app you're using? An all-new app is in the works for newer device, and you can check out the Preview version of it here.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Marked as solution

I got the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (running android 3.2) with the latest preview version installed. It's connected all the time through Wifi, but it almost instantly switches offline. It tries to go online a couple of times, but switches back offline again. 

To test interference with other devices, I switched offline on the other mobile (and desktop) devices, but no luck so far.

After some more testing the app went online after removing and installing the app again. Reinstalling wasn't sufficient.

Thanks Richard. Had the latest version. Only had my phone for 4 days. Downloaded the preview version and will give it a try and get back to you when ive tried it. Thanks again for quick replies

napauleon - we're aware of Android users having problems getting online with tablet devices (see this thread for example).

There isn't a solution for this at the moment. We'll just have to wait for the devs to update the app to bring the compatibility forward I'm afraid.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts