Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

skipping

Solved!

skipping

I have the free plan on spotify and I listen on a laptop every few seconds It skips my song and It does this with every song I listen to spotify all the time so this Is really frustrating Ive tried logging out and resigning In I even deleted my old account and made a new one. PLEASE HELP!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kee6,

Just jumping in to add clarification to what @Billy-J wrote.

If you're still experiencing the issue, could you test it out with a different network and see if it still comes up? Perhaps a mobile hotspot would be a convenient way to do this troubleshooting. This helps us narrow down the possible root cause of the problem

We'd appreciate it if you could also try the steps for a clean reinstall that @Billy-J posted and share if they helped. It's possible that some of the app files have gotten corrupted and causing the behavior you're experiencing. This is a simple fix for such cases.

Keep us posted, we'll be here if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @kee6, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

That's odd that it's happening on a new account. Does this happen when you switch wifi/data networks? What situations does this happen exactly? Have you tried a reinstall of the app

Keep me updated.

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, well Im not switching wifi/data networks. This Is the same one Iv'e been using for almost seven years and Its never had a problem before. I'll click on spotify, click on the song I want to play and It plays the song for 2 seconds and starts skipping through every song on my playlist.

Marked as solution

Hey @kee6,

Just jumping in to add clarification to what @Billy-J wrote.

If you're still experiencing the issue, could you test it out with a different network and see if it still comes up? Perhaps a mobile hotspot would be a convenient way to do this troubleshooting. This helps us narrow down the possible root cause of the problem

We'd appreciate it if you could also try the steps for a clean reinstall that @Billy-J posted and share if they helped. It's possible that some of the app files have gotten corrupted and causing the behavior you're experiencing. This is a simple fix for such cases.

Keep us posted, we'll be here if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts