Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

sound problems

Solved!

sound problems

So almost everyday I listing to spitify from my phone and recently every time I play a song it makes this really annoying buzzing sound. I know its the app because any other apps sound quality is fine. How do I fix this!!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If its not the headphones, then that would point to an issue with your device. If it happens outside of Spotify it can't be a direct Spotify issue. Pandora generally streams at a much lower bitrate, so I am wondering is your device either struggling to decrypt the stream fast enough or is there an underlying hardware/software issue. 

I am not familiar with android, are there any sound settings which would have an effect across applications?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Does it buzz all the time, just when a song starts or intermittently throughout playback?

Does it happen on all songs, whether streamed or downloaded and local files?

How are you listening - speaker, phones?

The phone model, android and spotify versions will be helpful.

It buzzes all through the playback of all songs and I listing to music threw my school candy inked on my droid mini. I also have the newest version of spotify.

What is school candy? Android version please from android settings/about?

Do you get this buzzing when you listen to music with the built-in android music player?

My bad skull candy and it does make the same noise through android player

So either there is something wrong with your headphones or with the phone. Try different headphones to see if it helps.

Already did and it didn't work. Its just spotify and the player but pandora works fine

The tracks you're listening to, are they local tracks from your PC? If you were listening to the same tracks with spotify and the android player, is it possible they are damaged? Do they sound as bad played on your PC?

Everything is fine on my PC but both downloaded songs and streamed songs have the buzzing noise in spotify on my phone.

Any idea on how to fix this?
Marked as solution

If its not the headphones, then that would point to an issue with your device. If it happens outside of Spotify it can't be a direct Spotify issue. Pandora generally streams at a much lower bitrate, so I am wondering is your device either struggling to decrypt the stream fast enough or is there an underlying hardware/software issue. 

I am not familiar with android, are there any sound settings which would have an effect across applications?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Heyho,

I have exactly the same problem. I use a Sony Xperia Z with the custom rom "Cyanogenmod 11" (Android 4.4.4 - a "nightly" version).
Even when I hear my playlist offline the "buzzing sound" appears randomly. It is not at the same point of the track.

I reinstalled the spotify app and downloaded the playlist again, but the "buzzing sound" is still appearing randomly.

Any idea why the problem occurs and how I can fix it?

Greetings

SylenZ

PS:

Sorry for my bad english 😛

UPDATE:

I found the solution on this page, the first reply:

http://androidforums.com/huawei-premia-4g/709582-sound-issue-spotify-solved.html

Suggested posts