Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify app crashes on android 4.1.1 after 2-3 seconds on tablet

spotify app crashes on android 4.1.1 after 2-3 seconds on tablet

Hi all

I looked into the support Forums an it saw no helping articles.

Spotify APP is crshing after 2-3 second in Android 4.1.1

I deinstalled it and installed it again with same issue.

What can i do Tod fix the Problem?

8 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them.

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi, i looked into the guide but all hints do not help.... spotify crashes linke before. 

Can you follow the clean installation section (at the top). Ensure you delete the cache folders.

If it's still not working, try without the SD card as this is a common issue if the SD card has become corrupt.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Same issue. Tablet Denver TAC-90011 with latest available Android which is 4.1.1. No external SD card. Internal storage show 1.36 GB available.

Made a factory reset and installed Spotify 1.9.0.1273 for the first time. Starting the application the log in/sign up view is shown in portrait mode and then directly back to launcher. Settings - Apps - Running shows Spotify has one process and one service running.

Uninstalled, removed com.spotify.music folder from /mnt/sdcard/Android/data and restarted tablet. Installed and same issue.

I had very similar problems.   Eventually got Spotify working, but only by downgrading the tablet from Android 4.1 to 4.0.  Not exactly my preferred option, but the only way to use Spotify on that tablet.

My own posts from the past weeks got quickly ignored by the Spotify support team once it became clear that I had actually reviewed all relevant information in this forum and was still having problems.  Disappointing. 

Same for me.... hope to get help soon Form the support team ... i will not downgrade my tablet 🙂

Tengo el mismo problema - i hace the same problemas - que pasa con el servicio técnico ¿¿¿¿

Seems that this a Common issue as you can See in the posts...so I ask spotify Technical team to work on it.
Thanks

Suggested posts