Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify causing my tablet to shut off

Spotify causing my tablet to shut off

I have a Galaxy Tab 3. Lately I've been having an issue when I have Spotify open and my tablet goes to sleep, my tablet will turn off. I open the app, let my tablet turn off and then I'll press either the home or power button, nothing happens. I have to hold the power button for about 10 seconds and them it will turn on as if my tablet was turned off. I've done a factory reset and also reinstalled Spotify. Still having the issue. Any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks in advance. 

3 Replies

And this only happens with Spotify? I've never seen this before, also Google does not allow any app permissions to turn off a device.

I suspect this may actually be a hardware issue. Does it happen when connected to a charger? If not, then it may be a battery issue. Also can you try without an SD card?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Spotify is the only app that does it.  It's not connected to a charger when it does it.  I will try when I get home to do it without a SD card.  I am going to assume it's a hardware issue because my 1 year warranty expired back on December 20th & my brother in law has the same tablet but doesn't have this issue.

Can you also try with the charger connected to see if it is the battery.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts