Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Recent Android App Bugs

Highlighted

Recent Android App Bugs

user-removed
Not applicable

I have had Spotify for Android for almost a year. I had it on my Galaxy note 3 from the start and i had a no Meta Data (No Track Info) issue over Bluetooth at first but after about a month it cleared up.....i chocked that up to you guys updating the app. Jump forward to just over a week ago when i loaded the App on my new Galaxy Note 4. The first thing i noticed is i lost all control of the App over Bluetooth using my vehicle steering wheel controls, then all meta data (Track Info) stoped showing and then the App started to Crash with a message saying that i dont have a SD Card installed, but i do......i have the same card installed that i had in the previous phone! I have deleated and reloaded this app like 6 times in the past week (per spotify troubleshooting) and this has not corrected any of the problems. Since i'm a paying member and i love spotify, i would hate to be forced to delete this app and cancel my membership due to something that could be addressed abd fixed in a timely manner. I hope someone in the know reads this and gets this corrected soon.

V/r

One_Foot_Out

19 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Recent Android App Bugs

Community Legend

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

When reinstalling, did you follow the proper steps? 

To reinstall Spotify on Android, please follow all the steps correctly as given in this topic.

Otherwise, did you reformat your sd card before inserting it into your new phone?  If not, please try that. 

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
I will try it tonight and keep my fingers crossed tomorrow when I try to use it. Thanks for the info!
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
Well I tried it...hasn't crashed yet but I still show no Meta Data or have control of the app from my vehicle controls. Any ideas?!
Highlighted

Community Legend
Don't suppose you have a headset control or possibly a music widget app installed?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
Well it crashed again....so no dice on your suggestion being a fix. I got the same error as before, no SD card.
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
Nope no music widget installed and as for headset I use my Bluetooth headset as always.....never had a problem with those.
Highlighted

Community Legend
What if you uninstall Spotify, remove sd card, install Spotify and try logging in without the sd card present? If you look at the clean install guide linked in my signature there's a lot of tips for getting the sd card to work.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
OK done, I will see if it holds tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
Well it hasn't crashed yet but I still have no Meta data or ability to change tracks over my vehicle bluetooth.....any suggestions?!
SUGGESTED POSTS