Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recent Android App Bugs

Recent Android App Bugs

I have had Spotify for Android for almost a year. I had it on my Galaxy note 3 from the start and i had a no Meta Data (No Track Info) issue over Bluetooth at first but after about a month it cleared up.....i chocked that up to you guys updating the app. Jump forward to just over a week ago when i loaded the App on my new Galaxy Note 4. The first thing i noticed is i lost all control of the App over Bluetooth using my vehicle steering wheel controls, then all meta data (Track Info) stoped showing and then the App started to Crash with a message saying that i dont have a SD Card installed, but i do......i have the same card installed that i had in the previous phone! I have deleated and reloaded this app like 6 times in the past week (per spotify troubleshooting) and this has not corrected any of the problems. Since i'm a paying member and i love spotify, i would hate to be forced to delete this app and cancel my membership due to something that could be addressed abd fixed in a timely manner. I hope someone in the know reads this and gets this corrected soon.

V/r

One_Foot_Out

19 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

When reinstalling, did you follow the proper steps? 

To reinstall Spotify on Android, please follow all the steps correctly as given in this topic.

Otherwise, did you reformat your sd card before inserting it into your new phone?  If not, please try that. 

I will try it tonight and keep my fingers crossed tomorrow when I try to use it. Thanks for the info!

Well I tried it...hasn't crashed yet but I still show no Meta Data or have control of the app from my vehicle controls. Any ideas?!

Don't suppose you have a headset control or possibly a music widget app installed?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Well it crashed again....so no dice on your suggestion being a fix. I got the same error as before, no SD card.

Nope no music widget installed and as for headset I use my Bluetooth headset as always.....never had a problem with those.

What if you uninstall Spotify, remove sd card, install Spotify and try logging in without the sd card present? If you look at the clean install guide linked in my signature there's a lot of tips for getting the sd card to work.

Android Troubleshooting:

OK done, I will see if it holds tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Well it hasn't crashed yet but I still have no Meta data or ability to change tracks over my vehicle bluetooth.....any suggestions?!

I find sometimes it loses the hook into the Bluetooth control if the SPotify app isn't running in the foreground or has been running in the background for a while (i.e. when I use Waze after some time controls stop & metadata is not pushed through). This is due to Android ending the Spotify UI as it's sat in the background for a long time... normally just bringing it to the foreground solves the issue.

Android Troubleshooting:

.......wouldn't the fact that I have deleted and reloaded it at least 10 times by now make that a mute point at this juncture?!

The suggestion of taking my SD Card out and reloading the app and then replacing the SD Card fixed the crashing issue, however I still have the problem of my Meta data not showing and no track control via my vehicle controls over Bluetooth. Any suggestions how how to fix the last issue?

What car do you have? Year and type of stereo?

Do you get meta data ok using power amp or another music player?

Android Troubleshooting:

I have a 2014 Nissan Titan P4X with the stock stereo. I haven't tried to use any other music apps. There were a few that came preloaded on my Note 4 but I haven't enabled any of them.

......guess there is no solution to this issue...guess I have to rethink my membership because this is totally unacceptable to me!

Come on people..can you please get this fixed.

Have you read the below article and checked all relevant points such as a complete clean install (including the important reboot)?

I have to admit the latest update for me is worse on Bluetooth... An App such as Fixify might help: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.fluetoast.fixify.free&hl=en

Android Troubleshooting:

I've done all of that as you can see by this thread. The thing is its not just me, there are several others with the Note 4 that are having this problem. The app worked just fine on the Note 3 but hasn't worked correctly on the Note 4 since I've had it!

@user-removed wrote:
I've done all of that as you can see by this thread. The thing is its not just me, there are several others with the Note 4 that are having this problem. The app worked just fine on the Note 3 but hasn't worked correctly on the Note 4 since I've had it!

Sounds like a device issue if I'm honest... Have you tried any Samsung/XDA forums to see if others have the same issue and a fix?

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts