Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify connect, android 2.2

Solved!

spotify connect, android 2.2

Hi folks, I just noticed today that spotify connect has rolled out to my account - my iPad and HTC one x can control each other. Great stuff. Htc One x is on Spotify app version 0.7.6

So I dug out an old HTC desire intending to use it at home, always plugged in, which I could control with the iPad and the newer HTC one x. The spotify version on the HTC desire is 0.6.5 and there's no connect button. HTC desire is on android 2.2 - my question is has spotify connect rolled out to android 2.2 yet? If it has, any ideas why I don't see it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well the solution was to upgrade to Android 2.3.3, I found that HTC issued an upgrade for developpers to be installed manually.

see here for description :

The link to download the .zip file no-longer works but you can find it here :

(for me the download didn't start automatically, I had to click "follow this link")

I was then able to install Spotify from the Play store and 'Connect' appears to work.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Spotify Connect will not be making an appearance on android 2.2 I'm afraid since Spotify now only support 2.3 and above. 0.6.5 is a legacy app version for android 2.2 which will receive no further updates.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I also have an HTC Desire on which I had 0.6.5 installed. I need to make a clean install where can I download this version from? I've tried downloading from m.spotifiy.com, which says it's compatible avec Android 2.1+ but when I try to install it fails.

Thanks,

Chris

I'm wondering has the 0.6.x version been withdrawn due to the security issue with the old apps (which forced a new Spotify app to be released).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. Pity this has condemned a lot of old devices that were probably working perfectly. Looks like I'll have to look into installing a more recent ROM. If I understand it correctly 2.3 is the oldest version of Android now supported.

Marked as solution

Well the solution was to upgrade to Android 2.3.3, I found that HTC issued an upgrade for developpers to be installed manually.

see here for description :

The link to download the .zip file no-longer works but you can find it here :

(for me the download didn't start automatically, I had to click "follow this link")

I was then able to install Spotify from the Play store and 'Connect' appears to work.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Chris

Suggested posts