Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify skipping ahead songs

spotify skipping ahead songs

I pay Premium but lately my spotify has had fits of only playin 1-5 secs of a song then skipping ahead when using the android app on my HTC one phone. This happens with synch, playlists and regular streaming with and without headphones. Have tried factory reset, uninstall and reinstall of spotify.<br>Help please or I'll have to leave spotify as I use it most with my phone!<br>Thanks
4 Replies

@pablozervas13 - Going to pop this over into the android section.

Does it happen on both 3G and WiFi?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've heard some report of this happenening when headphones are plugged in. Does it happen on both headphones and speaker?

If it's still occuring can you try a clean install?

NOTE: You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this!

Uninstall the app from Settings - Apps then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it, then press 'Uninstall' (or any other way you usually uninstall apps).

Once done using a file manager (such as ES File Explorer) make sure that the below folders are deleted (the second one may be still remaining from the older version of Spotify):

/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Note: - Make sure to check both Emulated/0/ AND the /ext_sd/ locations for these folders as they could be on Internal memory or/and external SD card.

When all folders are removed go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Direct Link).

Official guides for a clean reinstallation here
If using an external sd card to store your cache (Offline Playlists) on Android 4.4.2+ then please read instructions in the thread here: [Android 4.4.2+]Cache on external SD card is possible

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This happens to me as well, I will be listening to my saved playlist and it will stop in the middle of the song and starts playing a song in my starred playlist and it will be in the middle of the song.

Go into your settings on spotify and scroll down until you find the delete cache and saved data. It will delete everything in the app other than the app itself but it will fix the problem. Worked for me! Using a note 3.

Suggested posts