Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to login in spotify on android

Solved!

unable to login in spotify on android

Hey guys,

I just installed Spotify mobile on my Samsung Galaxy S2 but I am not able to login! I always get the error: "invalid username/password.

I tried to connect with my mail adress and my username (the 10 digits) but it doesn't work out. Password is 100% correct.

I am in China at the moment is maybe that the problem?

Thanks for your replies 🙂

Cheers!

Alex

118 Replies

Same problem here! At the moment I cannot log in anymore. 

SpookiePower & swoop - I've just moved your posts to this similar thread. 

Have you tried the steps Dave posted earlier?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/unable-to-login-in-spotify-on-android/m-p/187016#M103...

Hi,

The recurring, irritating, debilitating "Discover great music with your friends" -pop up which rendered Spotify useless on my Android was the reason for me unsubscribing, but I discovered the solution to this is - intuitively enough - to choose "I' m new to Spotify - Let' s go!" or whatever. This will log me straight in. Worked once, come twice and I 'll continue my subscription.

Cheers, Janne

Hello,

today I've started the spotify app on my samsung s3 and it asked me to login.

Then i logged in with facebook and after a few seconds i get a second login window which asked me to login again with my spotify account. I only log in with facebook, so i don't have a spotify account.

I've already tried to reinstall the app, no success 😞

Android 4.1.1

Hope somebody can help me.

Greetings,

Michael

I've got the same problem on my Samsung S3, keeps asking for login. If I try to login in more then a 3 times, the whole app goes white screen.

I have that problem also on my S1 since a couple of days.

I fixed it. When you get the new 2nd screen, push the button 'I' m new to spotify' that did the trick for me and other people.

Michi1979, DLS, Jaggle - Just an FYI that I've moved your posts to this similar thread. 

Dave's posted a solution to this here, but it seems @Jaggle has already discovered that fix. Let us know if you continue have any trouble:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/unable-to-login-in-spotify-on-android/m-p/187016#M103...

I just want to let you guys know, that I resolved the issue. I've upgraded to android 4.1 and now I can click "I'm new to Spotify" to remove the screen.

Thanks for all the help!

I am having a similiar problem.  My details are as follow

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Running: Jellybean 4.2

I am not using facebook credentials to login I use my spotify credentials. Also my account was not created with facebook and I have never used facebook credentials to login to my account.

When I try to login via Android mobile App tells me "Unable to login.  Either password or username is incorrect"

Two concerns. One I sent an email to support a few days ago and no one has responded.  3 days and counting is way to long for a premium subcriber to get help.  Other is obvious logging in should not be this difficult and Spotify seems to have a larger problems as evidenced by this thread.  

Marked as solution

Hi shane_harris - What troubleshooting steps have you already taken?

First be sure to do a clean reinstallation. If you're still having trouble, please do a password reset using your 'shane_harris' username (not your email). 

That worked. Thank You!

Hi 

I use Spotify on Ipad and Android. All of a sudden, I'm asked to logon again. And when I do (using my Facebook account) I see my playlists for half a second, and then  I get a request to logon with my Spotify credentials to link Facebook and Spotify. But I always logged on with Facebook. So I don't have separate Spotify credentials

Regards

Eric.

Hi ericcspot - I've just moved your post over to this similar thread. 

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps Dave posted earlier? 

When i start up spotify on my samsung galaxy plus. Spotify logs in via my facebookaccount. Most of the time its just trying and after a few seconds he ask for my password sometimes its log in and i can see my playlist,apps... but after a fwe seconds spotify logs out and ask me to fill in username and password. I try with my facebooklogin, but spotify doesn't accept it.

Is their a solution dor my problem?

I do have the same issue. You are not the only one.

I have a Galaxy S 2

tried uninstalling, deleting cache and all data, restarting the phone and re-installing from google plus. that helped for a couple of hours but the problem reoccured....

Hi desmetrobin & Tonio - I've just moved your post over to this similar thread. 

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps Dave posted earlier? 

I've successfully installed Spotify on my new phone, but the following pop-up will not disappear, making it impossible for me to log-in or access my playlists:

Discover great music with your friends

(Facebook image)

Have your Spotify details?  Please log-in.

I'm new to Spotify. Let's go

(Check box) Get persomal recommendations by sending music to FB...

When I login using FB credentials,  the above screen keeps appearing

When I login using my Spotify log-in #, the message is "Temporary error when merging accounts.  Please try again!"

I have installed and reinstalled the app 3X and rebooted my phone several times, but have the same problem.  I've also tried logging in after checking and unchecking the above-mentioned box, but same pop-up appears.

I would like to take my music with me as I'm paying for it!

Please help.

Thanks.

Hi 1234227421 - I've just moved your post to this more relevant thread. I recommend trying these troubleshooting steps Dave posted earlier: 

If you're still having trouble just give me a shout.

Hi!

I'm can't seem to login with my Galaxy S3. "wrong password/login.

Tried on my computer, works normally. I tried to delete the app and downloaded it again. 

That didn't work either.

Advice please? 🙂

//Amanda 

Suggested posts