Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unknown devices

unknown devices

I am getting unknown devices connecting to my android phone and adding playlists. I have researched the help forum on the same topic and cannot find a viable solution. Can you please help? My phone is a Galaxy S9 and I am in a premium family plan

4 Replies

Hey @PvMan01, help's here.

Do you mean that someone is adding playlists to your Library, or that your account is being used on another device? Either way it's good to check that each of the family members in the Family plan is logged in on their own account to ensure that no one is using your account on their device. 

If you think someone else might've gained access to your device, we strongly recommend that you go through this help article, step by step. You'll find all the necessary info on how to secure your account there. Make sure to go through all of it. 

Hope that helps, and let us know if there's anything else. 

Yes, thats what I meant. All of a sudden Spotify was open in my phone saying that a song was playing on an available device named "Moto etc. etc." then I noticed that there were other playlists listed in my phone of music I have never played before. I could not figure out how to delete that. Later on there was yet a different device listed in my available devices and playing music unknown to me. I went to Spotify forums and it this problem appears to be common but no one has a clear solution and a cause or reason

Hey again @PvMan01,

If it's a matter of music you've never heard before, and you've checked with family members and friends that they're not logged in on your account, go through this help article and follow all the steps. You'll find necessary information and further assistance there. 

Hope that helps!

Jemi,

I had done the following:

. SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE

. Changed the password with a VERY strong one

Then after a few days I noticed the Spotify Icon appeared on my phone top
section and clicked on it and opened Spotify saying that I was listening on
a "Web Player Chrome". The music being played is not on my playlists and
music I am not a fan of.

Here is a screenshot

What do you think? The password has already being changed!

Thanks

Eduardo

Suggested posts