Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

when filtering out played episodes, current is hid as well

Solved!

when filtering out played episodes, current is hid as well

Plan

Premium

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10

Operating System

Android 12

I listen to a podcast with a ton of episodes. When I want to continue I obviously search the episode I was listening to. The problem is that when I hide episodes I already listened to, the current one is also hid.

Result is that I have to search the episode by hand.

Am I missing something about filtering?

Otherwise my request is to put episodes that are not 100% listened to, to be shown when filtering unplayed episodes.

Thanks in advance,

Arjen

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @haiwatta

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We can confirm that this is expected in the mobile app. However, we're rolling out a new filter in Your Episodes playlist called Continue Listening, which will only show the episodes you've already started listening to but haven't finished yet. If you don't see it, make sure to keep the app updated, as this is still rolling out.

In the meanwhile, when you're listening to an episode and don't finish it, you can add it to Your episodes playlist so you can find it quicker and easier.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @haiwatta

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

First up, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in to your account twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between your account and your device. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you try performing a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

On another note, we'd like to know if this happens with any podcast, and in any other devices.

If you're still experiencing this issue after following those steps, would you mind providing us with the following info:

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The problem exists on my Android telephone (Samsung S10) with several (all?) podcasts.
It does not happen on de Windows 11 PC with Spotify program installed.

I logged out, logged in, logged out, logged in, logged out, removed Files (Android app settings), logged in.

Disinstalled, checked files (there were none), reinstalled, logged in.
Problem persist.

I use Spotify version 8.7.42.943 on my phone.
Somehow my previous answer was no stored, probably my fault.

Hey @haiwatta,

Thanks for the reply.

Episodes you have played partially will also be marked as played.

But as we are constantly striving to improve the user experience on our platform, we hope to see the partially played episodes not being marked as played soon.

There is also an idea submitted about a similar feature. You can have a look at it and vote for it here.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

What puzzles me is that on Windows it works as I expect. Why not the same way on Android?
I do not understand the logic of marking partially played episodes as played.

Marked as solution

Hey @haiwatta

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We can confirm that this is expected in the mobile app. However, we're rolling out a new filter in Your Episodes playlist called Continue Listening, which will only show the episodes you've already started listening to but haven't finished yet. If you don't see it, make sure to keep the app updated, as this is still rolling out.

In the meanwhile, when you're listening to an episode and don't finish it, you can add it to Your episodes playlist so you can find it quicker and easier.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for. 

EniModerator

Suggested posts