Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mixing Playlists

Solved!

Mixing Playlists

Hey,

I don't have a Playlist for all the music I listen to. So I got Playlists like "Party", "Chill", "Black", etc.

But sometimes I want to hear everything. So I want a Partytracks and Blacktracks.
So why there isn't a function to mix Playlists like the "shuffle play"?

So I can say I want to hear songs from black and from party and Spotify shuffles songs from both Playlists?

Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @sny_days, welcome to the spotify community!

While i don't think there is a way to combine playlists, you can achieve the goal that you want by using Playlist Folders.  If you had a playlist folder called "My Favorite Playlists" and then you put multiple playlists under that folder, you can then select that playlist folder and hit Play with Shuffle on and you would effectively be listening to a random combination of songs from all of the playlists under that folder.

If this works for you, feel free to mark this as an accepted solution.

michael

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @sny_days, welcome to the spotify community!

While i don't think there is a way to combine playlists, you can achieve the goal that you want by using Playlist Folders.  If you had a playlist folder called "My Favorite Playlists" and then you put multiple playlists under that folder, you can then select that playlist folder and hit Play with Shuffle on and you would effectively be listening to a random combination of songs from all of the playlists under that folder.

If this works for you, feel free to mark this as an accepted solution.

michael

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Ah Yeah ! 

Thanks a lot, mate 🙂

It's definitely the same effect than mixing playlists !

Thanks thanks and thanks again 😄

Hi!  With Spotify Premium, is it possible to better "mix" the often slow end of a song (sometimes 5-10 seconds without a sound) to the next upbeat start song?  I've prepared my own Playlist with individual songs for a party, but would like to better blend them to avoid people to take a "dancing pause" between each song.  Any tip?  Urgent... party is for tonight. Tks. EP

Mixing playlists is one of the things that I think have been most needed in Spotify. So, instead of waiting for it to be built into the platform, I built my own mobile app that takes playlists and mixes them together into a new playlist using the weighting that I specify. I can mix my own playlists or public playlists across Spotify. I can make a new mix of the playlists with a single tap and then listen to them in Spotify. I can keep the same mix playlists around and keep reusing/remixing them, or just listen to the mix once and delete it. If you're interested in something like this, check out RemixMonkey in all of the app stores or on remixmonkey.com

This is pretty much just what the concept I was looking for. A way to combine playlists into a mix and to give them a "weight" of how often to pull from each playlist.

Another concept would be to create a "mix" button/function that would create a shuffle of multiple playlists with weights, but it wouldn't necessarily create a separate/new playlist to then play this mix. The creation of a side playlist takes time. This concept would only be a "next song selection" function. And it wouldn't need to be limited to 9hours playtime like your mix playlists are.

But well done, are you aware of any other similar concepts out there? How are you sharing out your concept? Has it been adopted muc?

With remix monkey, I keep getting this error:

Oops! We were unable to create your mix
Details: : https://api.spotify.com/v1/playlists/0HljZwsC7VBHHFNPKY7iVK/tracks?offset=3400: { "error": { "status": 429, "message": "API rate limit exceeded" } }

The rate limit error is most likely because RemixMonkey is hitting rate limits on the API. If you use the "Liked Songs" playlist, or mix in a liked artist, I have to load all of the liked songs through the API before I can shuffle them. The API limits me to do it in small chunks. So, I do several, one right after another, until I get all of the songs.

It looks like you have a fairly large set of "liked" songs (at least 3400 songs). Do you know how many total liked songs you have? I haven't tested with much more than 3400.

The only way I can think of to fix this particular error would be to throttle my requests for "liked" songs. But, that would also make the mixing process slower.

Suggested posts