Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Organizing albums

Solved!

Organizing albums

Hi I'm new and am loving spotfiy which has just been released in Ireland, yay! So I have a question, are playlists the only way to organize spotify music? I mean if I listen to a great album can I not put that album in a list of albums I would like to listen to in the future? Or is the only option to make a playlist of the tracks, one for each album (which seems cumbersome and unecessary).

Thanks for any help!

Dan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was wondering the same thing but hadn't gotten around to playing around with it. Just discovered that you can create folders on desktop app (File/New Playlist Folder...). Then I created a folder called "Albums". I was able to drag and drop albums into the "Albums" folder. That what you're looking for?

Thanks for bringing this up. Now I can get organized...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

I was wondering the same thing but hadn't gotten around to playing around with it. Just discovered that you can create folders on desktop app (File/New Playlist Folder...). Then I created a folder called "Albums". I was able to drag and drop albums into the "Albums" folder. That what you're looking for?

Thanks for bringing this up. Now I can get organized...

Yeah I guess that's exaclty what I was talking about! I guess it would be nice to scroll through big fat pictures of the playlist "albums" too rather than just the words on the side bar, but hey what can ya do! Thanks

I was hoping for the same thing and your post came up when I searched 🙂 Looks like there's an idea for it that's 'under consideration'  Hope it comes soon!

Thanks!
One of the major problems with this solution though is that it creates playlists from the albums you drag into the folders, with all the implications of it.. (clutter in playlists, different UX, etc.)

Thats right. Will be great when we can have whole albums stacked in the list , not as a playlist. Or - just to be able to create lists with in the Albums page. So much simpler for the user.

Suggested posts