Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will spotify ever provide a usable search function?

Will spotify ever provide a usable search function?

The requests for being able to find saved songs and artists have been coming up in this forum for years. Some ideas had thousands of supporters, but spotify shut them down with Case Closed, e.g.:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Playlists-See-in-which-of-my-Playlists-a-Song-is-in/id...

Similar requests got tagged Implemented, when they clearly are not:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-Artist-page-that-contains...

As it is hard for me to believe that Spotify does NOT WANT me to find stuff I saved, I just tried the suggestion in the FAQ, how to better manage liked songs, and as can be seen, results are just a mess and in no way logically filtered:

filter artist.JPG

 Trying to filter by Title brings up a similar mess:

filter title.JPG

At least here the sought after artist "Them" is the 9th result.

But what is by far more annoying to me (and probably thousands of current and ex spotify users) is the fact, that there wouldn't be any relevant search results, if I hadn't liked a song from Them.

As I saved a lot of songs on behalf of my kids, which I don't really like (the songs, I love my kids!), and as I have a playlist for each kid + a playlist of songs they both can agree on (+ one for my wife, + one for when people visit, ...), answering the simple question of "Is this song on our/my playlist" is quite a challenge. For me it's not too complex, as I only have two kids and their mother, so I usually have to look in only up to four playlists (sometimes more), but I still would be happier if the very simple, very basic, absolutely logical solution of having a search function covering ALL saved songs was finally implemented by spotify.

The same goes for the simple, basic, logical search for what songs I saved from a  specific artist, without having to follow each and every saved one-hit-wonder.

I know, I know, it would be soooooo easy to just follow any artist and like any song I save, no problem at all, or not? But maybe I'm the only one here demented enough to occasionally forget the few extra steps needed to find stuff again ...?

Perhaps I'm also the only (ex) Spotify premium subscriber stupid enough to save songs and playlists I don't particularly like, or am not immediately sure enough, whether I like this or that version better ... or the only one too nitpicky to accept duplicates, I know, I know, perhaps it's just me, and I'm just not the optimal Spotify customer ...!

How about considering people with disabilities, like me, with my memory deficiency, hamstering thousands of songs in various playlists and always forgetting which and where ...?

But perhaps Spotify considers adding some simple features, so **bleep**s like me would be happily paying again?

Anyone here an idea whether that could ever happen?

1 Reply

I am with you 10000% .......   its ridiculous not to be able to SEARCH for a particular song -   I want to find it on MY playlist in my Library..... 

Suggested posts