Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connecting to the car automatically plays Liked Songs playlist, with or without Car Thing

Hey folks, 

We've received reports that connecting to the car automatically plays Liked Songs playlist, with or without Car Thing.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

The main issue in this thread (Liked Songs automatically playing when connected to the car) should be resolved by now.

If anyone's still experiencing this issue and your app is up to date, we've moved @parksca5's most recent comment to this thread, in which we encourage everyone to post their issue if it's specific to the Liked Songs playlist. We can then forward your reports to the right teams.

If you have a similar issue but it's not specific to your Liked Songs anymore, please make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
greatpatch

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 14 pro max

Operating System

iOS 17

My Question or Issue

I’ve had my car thing for about a year and up until recently it has worked great. But in the past week or so, every time I power it up it clears my current queue and starts playing my liked songs playlist. Does anyone know why this is happening? I factory reset it and it’s still an issue and I don’t have liked songs as one of my presets.

Teendad

I had the same issue I found if you have the app open when your phone the next it will not do it 

taylorbennett63

Also annoyed by this. Any solutions?

Ukaduka

Same here! 

Ukaduka

I'd like to add that I'm on android which I believe points to a Spotify setting rather than device issue.

Vasil

Hey folks!

Thank you for reporting this.
We've reached out to the right folks and we'll keep you posted as soon as we know anything new on the subject! 🙂

In the meantime, please let us know what your Spotify versions of the Car Thing app are, as well as your mobile device models, OS & Spotify app versions.

Much appreciated!

Aframe88

Same Issue:

iPhone 13 Pro

OS - 17.1.1

Car Thing - 0.42.3 (App Version)

8.4.4 (OS Version)

Spotify - 8.8.86.157

Yepitspat

Same issue. It is very frustrating, especially with large playlists/queues playing on random like a radio station, then I have to restart or rebuild the entire queue

iPhone 14 pro max

iOS 16.3.1

App Version 0.42.3

OS Version 8.4.4

Spotify app version 8.8.88.445

Yepitspat

I wish that worked for me, strangely it only works if I have it actively playing and have my phone unlocked and app open. All things that are a bit of a hassle when getting into my car and turning it on 

Yepitspat

I wish that worked for me, strangely it only works if I have it actively playing and have my phone unlocked and app open. All things that are a bit of a hassle when getting into my car and turning it on