Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is Car Thing Still Going Out?

Solved!

Is Car Thing Still Going Out?

I was just wondering if Spotify is still sending out the Car Thing to people on the waiting list? 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @sierrak-walton,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

At the moment there is a limited number of devices available. If you are selected to receive a Car Thing, we will send you an email with further instructions on how to receive the device, while supplies last.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @sierrak-walton,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

At the moment there is a limited number of devices available. If you are selected to receive a Car Thing, we will send you an email with further instructions on how to receive the device, while supplies last.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

JulianModerator

Thank you for replying!

Hello, 

Is there any update on availability as there has not been much updates or information. 

Hey @thanoslegacy

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

We're afraid we don't have any updates about this at the moment, but you can apply for future releases here

If you have a question, just let us know. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

My experience so far with the process has been waiting, getting an email saying I can order one, getting stuck in an infinite loop (You're eligible → not available right now, sign up? → Good news, you can order! → not available right now, sign up? → Good news...)

It's a very frustrating process. Then, after all that, Spotify has the AUDACITY to send me an email today telling me "they're no longer free, but you can buy one for $79.99!" All I can say is that this is yet another instance of Spotify being lucky their competition is inferior to them at the same price point.

I signed up for Spotify Premium 6 months ago in April and it said I'm on the list.  I have been waiting patiently since then. I went to check on it and now it says I need to sign up for it and it's $79.99? What gives?!

I'm frankly a bit frustrated. I've been a Spotify Premium member since February 2011 and expressed my interest for Car Thing on announcement day and have tried multiple times to get it. I was never picked and people are selling theirs for HUNDREDS of dollars on eBay! Now the only option is to buy it for $80 because the free period has passed? I completely realize this is a first world problem, but it's super frustrating. This device would have been a gamechanger for me in a car from the mid-00's that has absolutely zero frills. 

Suggested posts