Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Please make genderstar in german language optional

Hello Team,

as i wrote in the subject, i would like to request you to create a second kind of german language setting, one "traditional german" option and one "gender sensitve" option for those who like this more than the traditional german.

For me i have to say that the gender sensitive variant of the german language is really hard to read and gives with every star within the words an opstacle.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Thomas

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Tintenburg
  • Spotify hat hierfür einen Prozess eingerichtet, der per se schon diskriminiert. Die Änderung hin zum Gendern fand ohne offensichtliche Diskussion angeschoben von Aktivisten im Hintergrund statt. Lediglich eine kleine dreistellige (ca.180 Likes) Gruppe hat das im Hintergrund durchgedrückt. Nun sitzen sie am längeren und moralisch überhöhten Hebel. Ganz im Sinne des woken Zeitgeistes.  Die Menschen die sich eine unpolitische deutsche Sprache wünschen ist es nicht wichtig genug hier aktiv zu werden und werden so von Minderheiten gesteuert. Hier kann man noch nicht mal mehr Voten, weil der Vorschlag totgestellt wurde. Spotify ist keine Wurstbude, sondern ein Milliardenunternehmen das sehr genau weiß was es tut. Sie beziehen hier sehr bewusst eine politische Position. Um das ändern zu wollen braucht es eine Initiative der schweigenden Mehrheit. Ich habe eine Initiative gestartet mit 2 Likes. Wie hier, auch anderen Ortes, die Deutschen kennen den Wert ihrer Kultur nicht und es wird nicht lange brauchen bis unsere Sprache, ganz im Sinne der Kulturvernichter, erledigt ist. 
  • Wer mir heute sagt es geschiehe im Sinne eines höheren Zweckes dem kann ich nur  deutsche Geschichte empfehlen.
MartinKarim

As Spotify is completely ignoring this topic, I hereby recommend using youtube music premium if you are unwilling to keep supporting this ignorance. 

SylberX

How can I vote for this idea?

Lukas41

Are there already ways to bypass the nonsense of the gender star?
I want normal German without the paternalism on the part of Spotify.
More and more I think I will switch to Deezer or Apple Music after my Premium has expired!

TheRazoric

The only way they care is if we push enogh people to quit their premium big time. I have changed to Amazon Music and about 20 friends did as well. I keep telling all of my friends to do the same if they are fed up with this BS. The only way to fight these snow flakes is to get the silent majority to speak up.

It is so funny how woke people pushing radical BS and then be like "why are more and more people moving to the political right". Now they Start to lose liberals as well. Looks like people dont like to be told what to say and think. 

Florian93

Warum kann ich nicht abstimmen?!

raws123

I dont know why, but I can't vote....

Please remove this useless gender speech and bring back the normal german language....

Otherwise I will cancel my premium account and change to apple music.

Thanks!

MartinKarim
The proposal was denied by spotify, therefore you can't vote for it. Only
Thing you can do is switch to a company that is not trying to use its
Service for political influence. I Switched to Youtube music with my family.
raws123

Okay, I had to create a community Account/Username to be able to vote! 

-> Now it works.

The political influence through spotify is unacceptable, you're totally right @MartinKarim.

Let's hope Spotify will get it....

PalmenamStart

Great idea! 

The following video, explains very good why the gender star is really a bad idea from a user point of view in terms of usability.

https://youtu.be/aZaBzeVbLnQ