Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Add Podcasts from RSS URL, for Patreon and other Private Private Streams

There have been a few similar posts, and the most recent one was ~5 votes from passing, so I'm going to try submitting this again.

Wouldn't it be amazing if you could add a podcast to your feed from an RSS URL? Did you sign up for a patreon and not know how to listen to your special new feed?

This request is to add the ability to add a podcast from an RSS feed. This opens a lot of doors, and theoretically isn't that difficult to implement.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
KendallByrd

Came here for the EXACT same reason. I'm paying for premium but still have to go to another service to listen to my Patreon content...makes me wonder WHY I pay Spotify........Let's get this DONE PLEASE!

Mihail
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-08-26

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and for the support you've shown for this idea.

We've forwarded your feedback with the relevant team and upon reviewing our options, we don't have any immediate plans to implement this.

We do want to implement this in a bit of a different way though. A couple of weeks ago we've started offering our Open Access Feature, where the podcast creators themselves can opt-in to the program. That way, if you're currently getting private RSS links for one podcast provider rolled into Open Access, you can be sure that you'll be able to listen to them on Spotify, as long as they've opted in to the program. Currently, this is restricted to a few podcast partners, but we hope on expanding this soon. Read more about the current available partners and more about the initiative here.

In light of this, we're marking this case as closed for now. This isn't the end of the story though - we periodically revisit closed ideas to check on any developments, so we will get back to you if there're any updates. At present though, we want to make it clear that implementing this as described is not in our plans.

Take care!

anthony11111

What a BS response. Be straight forward, don't lie. If it's a business decision, just say so. It's much more realistic to say Spotify is forming something similar to Patreon so customers would pay Spotify the membership fee in exchange for a Spotify specific premium feed. I'm even okay with that, I have no loyalty towards Patreon and the content creators will likely make the same amount in the end. But to come in and write this multi paragraph nonsense is insulting.

Duganfamily
Looks like it’s time to find a new music and podcasting platform, this is a terrible and self serving response. You just can’t handle the fact that podcasters may not be sharing their income with you. I hope you fail Spotify
mcampo2501
They aren't a podcast app without this. It's fine. I'm sticking with pocket
casts. Would be nice to have music and podcasts on one app, but probably
better if everyone just does what they're good at anyway. Do we really need
another section of society monopolized?

For anyone reading this, check out Pocket Casts. It's just what you're
looking for. Plenty others too. Spotify isn't interested and it's probably
for the best.
assemplay

@mcampo2501 thanks a lot for that recommendation

wonderly2

RSS feeds is a necessity to keep me coming back regularity!

Duganfamily
They’ve already announced its not happening. I’m personally moving to Apple Music, at least there I can view all my content from one pane of glass
wolfieson

Well I guess I will also be moving to another platform, trying Google Podcasts reluctantly...

Gvrmtl

This should be a feature. I want to subscribe to the minimalist private podcast and listen to in on Spotify. Without the RSS feed subscription, this isn't available...