Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Add Podcasts from RSS URL, for Patreon and other Private Private Streams

There have been a few similar posts, and the most recent one was ~5 votes from passing, so I'm going to try submitting this again.

Wouldn't it be amazing if you could add a podcast to your feed from an RSS URL? Did you sign up for a patreon and not know how to listen to your special new feed?

This request is to add the ability to add a podcast from an RSS feed. This opens a lot of doors, and theoretically isn't that difficult to implement.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
rreader47

I’m just going to be using apple podcast since this isn’t working 

Mjsielerjr

How is this still not implemented? It’s almost 2023. What a joke. 

Yordan
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

SAMMICHPANTALONES

It's 2023 and Spotify still hasn't implemented this. What a joke. People actually pay money for this app?

Freddy_K

Spotify ༼ つ _ ༽つ Give RSS

rsburr

I guess we'll need to just continue bringing this up. As a paying customer on this platform, my expectation is that Spotify should listen to its customers. With that said, I'll be a part of the push for Spotify to implement private RSS feeds. There's no reason that could successfully explain Spotify's position on this other than greed.

fjinfanzon

Wasn’t this supposed to be part of the Patreon integration they advertised? The fact that this feature’s still missing keeps me from using Spotify for pods.

Kuroryo

This is a very basic feature in every other app, how is it not part of spotify?  

Xaerran

Just saying this is still valuable...

dmorrow12j

With Google podcasts closing down this would be the perfect opportunity to sweep up all those app users. Only if they'd allow RSS feeds. Just saying, otherwise I'm going to pocketcasts.